Menu

TOG users, please check in here!

HSMom2One

We're in our 7th year with TOG, but this is our first time through the Year 4 curriculum. We're really enjoying this year because the topics are some we've never seen before. We had finished Year 3 when my oldest ds was an 8th grader, so we began again with Year 1 to coincide with his high school years. I have a ds (senior - rhetoric), two dds (freshman - rhetoric and 8th grade - dialectic), and another ds (4th grade - upper grammar).

We are currently beginning our 3rd year of TOG though we did have a short break from it while I was suffering from "the grass is greener syndrome" We are using Y2 U3 right now for 1st, 5th, and 7th grades. We are reading the LG, UG, and D books. We are not doing any of the activities because we are doing Harmony Fine Arts 7th grade with my 5th and 7th graders and R&S Art with my 1st grader. I try very hard not to get too hung up on all the details of TOG because it is not where I want to focus this year. We are doing Classical Writing and WWE, R&S English, Latin, and RS Math. All of these are pretty time consuming. I do love the literature worksheets, the mapping, and the discussion for the D level. So far we are mostly going over the Accountability and Thinking questions orally. This is where I am struggling to make up my mind on what to do. I just feel like it is too much work for him to do CW and written history summaries in addition to writing out the questions so I go back and forth between written summaries and questions. My 1st and 5th graders are each completing a grade-appropriate notebook page each week.

We've used Yr 1 - 4 classic versions and are on our second go round with redesign. Used Year 1 and are now on Year 2. We had a few bumps in year 3 and end of 4 with trying to find something less intense but are now back and things are going very well. Just a lot of work for the children, but that's a good thing in my book.

I have rhetoric (15) , dialectic (11) and upper grammar (8) children.

The youngest does SOTW as sched. in alternate readings and likes it.

I knew there were quite a few families using TOG here, but no idea there were that many. You'd think the TOG boards would be more active! (I'm mom over there)

Hello All!!

We are starting (officially) this year in Year 2. I own Year 1, but, well, it just didn't get done. So, we're starting where we should be (and to keep in line with a couple of other families we're close to who are studying the same time period) and off we go.

So, we're starting in Year 2 and we've actually done some history so far. :D I've got 2 UG and 1 LG.

I DO NOT have a good rhythm going yet, but I am excited to learn (some things for the first time) right along with the kids.

Thanks for this thread, Lucinda!

This is our 2nd year with TOG. We did Year 2 last year, and we started Year 3 Redesigned this year. I have 1 Rhetoric & 2 Dialectic students. We really love TOG; this is the first packaged curriculum I've ever been gung ho for in the 10 years I have been homeschooling!:)

We are in our 4th year of ToG, and using year 4.

My kids are 15 & 17 - Rhetoric

13 - Dialectic

11 - Upper Grammar (some issues there, she needs to be successful right now)

6 - not doing ToG; starting him in the cycle with SOTW right now, at least until I get some others graduated...

Tonya in SC