Menu

What does your screen name mean?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is SO BORING! It's my first initial, last name, and the number 2 is only there because "ekarl" was taken as a login somewhere when I tried to use it. So ... ekarl2.

A lot of times I use CaptKarl, that's my current rank (until Aug ... Major Karl's a comin'!).

Mine is my pirate name. Several years ago, there was an influx of Ellen's on the board and I was getting confused as to whether or not I actually wrote a post attributed to me. When someone posted this link, I thought this was the perfect opportunity to create a new identity. I joke that this is my outgoing, buxom, salty alter-ego - quite different from my real personality. Okay, so more of my real personality show in my posts, but, hey, a girl can dream, can't she!

Mine is Red Ethel Cash

I'm a grandmother who lives in Ohio. After I picked that user name I also realized it also fit how my grandson started most conversations, "Oh, Grandma, did you know....?" :lol:

That's hilarious. I've read your screen name in my mind more than once. I've always heard.... "Ooooooooh Grandmmmmmma!!!!!" :lol:

No interesting story here....mine is my actual first name, "Astrid."

I've always loved my name, given to me by my Swedish father in honor of my Swedish heritage.

I used to be "Molly's Mom" because my only child is a girl named "Molly." I ran into some login glitches shortly after the new board came online and had to create a new account. Couldn't come up with anything very clever so I just used my name, which is a rather unusual name by itself.

Astrid

OP, I never, in a trillion, billion, million years, would have ever considered you any such thing. lol Your posts have never suggested such a name to me. How funny.
That is funny! :001_smile: I've often wondered what image people get when the realize it's "Tree Hugger". I probably don't fit the most common conceptions of that! What image do you get?

Mine is off of Mr Roger's. I used to post under a different name on the old boards and another forum and I decided I didn't like having my name as part of the title. Also some people on another forum I was on were having some internet safety issues and so I picked something that didn't have anything to do with me. I do like Lady Aberlin on Mr Roger's, but I couldn't remember her name to pick the name. I did and internet search to find out what her name was LOL.

Although my name is double loaded on this board, both politically and, uh... otherwise, it is really just the literal meaning of my actual name (which is a very unusual name). Plus, it seems appropriate to the time I visit this board as a little break in the day.

Okay, don't laugh.

My husband has a business that sells Amway products among other things. It is the coolest thing we have ever done. But when our business reaches a specific income level we will be called rubies. We are well on our way to that goal. We will be making great money at that achievement. So I've learned to speak what i want and call myself Ruby.:thumbup:

I'm sure there is an interesting story behind some of the screen names here, although some I think I can guess where they came from! ;) Please tell us the story behind YOUR screen name!

I'll start:

Mine can be easily deciphered by reading it backwards. It's related to my interest in solar electricity.

Ohh.

There was a gorgeous woman who used to post here years ago that had a very cool sounding name -- turns out it was her surname backwards. I doubt she's here anymore, I think her kids are grown now.