Menu

What does your screen name mean?

Now they're getting more independent and I sometimes miss it, but they will still give hugs when asked, although my son just recently said he doesn't like to be kissed anymore. He will kiss me, though.
I know what you mean.

DH and I could go for a few "hugs" without kids in the middle though. ;) I miss that too.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is my pirate name. Several years ago, there was an influx of Ellen's on the board and I was getting confused as to whether or not I actually wrote a post attributed to me. When someone posted this link, I thought this was the perfect opportunity to create a new identity. I joke that this is my outgoing, buxom, salty alter-ego - quite different from my real personality. Okay, so more of my real personality show in my posts, but, hey, a girl can dream, can't she!

I am Captain Bess Rackham. My name is not Bess. Wonder why you are "dirty" and I am "captain?"

I like the word Shalom, it is very peaceful and a wonderful greeting.

Shalom (שָׁלוֹם) is a Hebrew word meaning peace, completeness, and welfare and can be used idiomatically to mean both hello and goodbye. As it does in English, it can refer to either peace between two entities (especially between man and God or between two countries), or to the well-being, welfare or safety of an individual or a group of individuals. (source Wikipedia)

22 - That was my number when playing basketball and softball in high school, it is my favorite number.

:001_smile:

I am tall, and a short friend in high school called me "Strider." There was also a similarity to the scruffy, dark warrior working patiently in the background.

At times I wish I'd gone with the name Amelia Peabody, as I have been compared to that heroine by more than one friend. But I like "Strider" also.

Tree House Academy is the name of our homeschool. I have also been known to go by ~hsingtreehouse~ and my e-bay name is hiddareboog. There is an actual story behind hiddareboog - I used to wake my son up each morning when he was small and say, "Hi there boog" - of course I would run it together in baby talk. When I needed to buy something on e-bay one day, that was the first thing that came to mind. In hindsight, I should have spelled it hidareboog, but oh well.

Mine has become a generic board name I carry around with me...although I've wondered lately if that's good for my Internet security? My head can't hold too many different names!

Anyway, I first used SapphireStitch on a needlework board. I had to come up with a user name quickly and I put together my favorite gemstone with my favorite hobby.

Mine is a natural occurring chemical compound used in Indian chaats. I used it as a way of nosing my way into Indian USENET groups asking cooking questions. They thought I was Indian!

It is a rosy-grey pink and has sulfur in it. If you've had pani puri, it is the saltiness in the pani.

I had a great-great grandaddy who immigrated to the US in 1859. He was conscripted to fight for the North in the Civil War shortly thereafter. He got shot to pieces at the Battle of Shiloh but survived and went home to his bride in the north.

Except that when geneology.com recently allowed free searches for family members who served I found out that his last battle was at Antietam where he was wounded. So now I have a real problem with McClellan.

Great-great grandaddy pretty much lost everything because he was an amputee and it was hard to find work as an immigrant. It was a long road up for subsequent generations. But I'm still proud of him.

To make a long story short my best friend my freshman year in college called me "Laughing Lioness of the Golden Grasses."

I'm into all things C.S.Lewis and love the thought of being part of the tribe of Judah and pride of Narnia, and I am really focusing on the laughing part in life - it's getting easier with age!

My blog is called "Golden Grasses" and I love the imagery of creating something extraordinary out of the ordinary- grass is everywhere, so are children and families. By living the way we do, we hope to craft a beautiful family culture, extraordinary kids and a legacy that goes beyond what we could ask or imagine.

Ok, I'll admit it....'Impish' isn't actually on my birth certificate. *hangs head* So its actually a screen name.

As for how I came up with it...spend a few minutes with me, or read a bunch of my posts. It fits. Trust me. Truuuuuuust me. ;)

I was completely unprepared to pick a user name. So since I had made muffins that morning (and love to bake in general), I became muffinmom. (and my first name starts with an M.)

I keep wishing I had come up with something else, but I think I'm stuck with it.

When dh and I were engaged, we read a book named Dreamers about the Biblical Joseph. We also loved Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (the musical -- in fact, we got engaged at a showing in Daytona Beach :)). The main character, an Egyptian woman named Sagira, is in love with Joseph, living in Egypt. I don't remember whether she is the one who ends up marrying Joseph (his Egyptian name being Zaphenath) or not. Guess who is Zaphenath ;)

Guest Katia

I am also unoriginal and mine is a no-brainer as well:

I am Kat. I live in Iowa.

Thus: Kat IA = Katia

It's pretty. I wish it was really my name.....so nice that I can pretend it is here on the internet.:D