Menu

What does your screen name mean?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in an area of Texas with a high Hispanic population, including my dear spouse, and our life just seems to revolve around the Hispanic culture. We speak a rich, annoying I'm sure version of "Tex-Mex" (southern drawl peppered with lots of Spanish phrases) in our home and I just get sort of teased all the time because I'm not even a tiny bit Hispanic, LOL.

I guess my screen name just gives me the chuckles!

Given to me by my husband. Usually said in phrases like, "go get em' battlemaiden" or "tell em' like it is battlemaiden" or "don't mess with the battlemaiden." I used to play soccer in college and with him on his command teams after we were married- I have a mean competitive spirit when I want. But he appreciates my toughness more as a military wife, often left to battle it out alone. At the same time, I'm his maiden, and he knows I want his protection. It just sort of stuck through the years.

I knew you were a soccer girl! And I've always loved your screen name!!:D

My screen name because of DH. He is the king of ingenuity. He can fix, adjust, rig, or build anything, and the guys he works with call him MacGyver (from the TV show). Thus...Mrs. MacGyver

Mine is a name a spiritual teacher gave me. It is the Hindi name for the colour yellow. It was more poetic when it was given to me - 'yellow like the sun or the shining face of Buddha'. I no longer use this name in real life but its easier to keep it here than go back to a very common western name that I have in common with a certain author of a certain book these boards are famous for. :001_smile:

I don't post much, but...

la: comes from my green, beautiful, wonderful, adopted home, Louisiana (goodbye SoCal).

marley: comes from the character Jacob Marley because I love A Christmas Carol, and this quote moves me and makes me think:

"Mankind was my business. The common welfare was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business."

A lifetime ago (before kids) I had time for computer games. I used to play Everquest.

My character in Everquest was a female barbarian. When I was coming up with the name for my character, Garga just popped into mind. It's totally made up. (But pretty good for a barbarian name, no?)

For posting on this board, I didn't want to use a name that anyone IRL would recognize, just in case I accidentally post something really stupid and embarrass myself. So, I went back to my old barbarian name.

Edited by Garga

I wanted something "mysterious" in my screen name (to use another poster's wording). LivingOutLove has LOL in it, something I do often. :D

Maybe it's not that mysterious, but it did take me more than 5 minutes to think of!

And I truly am trying to love (1 Cor 13 style) my family and friends in everyday life.

:)

I have three kids and they make me happy:)

:eek: All this time I thought you were Hippy Mom of 3!! :lol:

My kids are always jumping in puddles. They love puddles. Still to this day - literally. As we were walking in to the library, my kids jumped into a ridiculous puddle. I don't mind puddle jumping at home in play clothes and crocks but when we're out, it can get a little messy. :)

I am Asta, the famed dog from the Thin Man series of movies based on the novel by Dashiell Hammett.

The lead characters are William Powell and Myrna Loy, who spends her days wandering around either in fabulously smart suits (it was the 1930s) or charmeuse gowns -- and drinking Martinis!

Ah... what a life.

a

(P.S. The Wiki page may be wrong - While Hammett wrote that Asta was a "wire haired terrier," The movie Asta is described as a wire-haired Schnauzer, but he appeared to be a Welsh Terrier).

Edited by asta

Love Asta!!!

Liza is my first name and Q is the first letter of my maiden name.

Since my name is pronounced Lisa (long story involving immigrant parents...), at school/work I was often called Liza Q to distinguish me from all the other Lisas, kwim?

Plus I just love the Q! When I got married I took my husband's last name, dropped my middle name and became Liza Q. Dxxxx.

I'm married to an air force JAG officer. I should've said "wife" but "sp" is spouse. I created the name for ebay about 6 years ago, and I wasn't too creative...but it has stuck and I'm too old to challenge my memory to remember something different! :tongue_smilie: The avatar is just because I luuuuuv Charlie & Lola. I used to have my family picture up there, but it was so small it was silly...the fam pic is still on my profile page.

Edited by BikeBookBread

I never even knew it was a real word, but I knew that it had pleasant memories associated with it.

Of course, someone on here pointed out that I spelled it wrong. oops.:tongue_smilie:

My Dad used to call me Snickelfritz, too :)

ok, I had better stop posting quotes on this site...it's just such a cute thread!

I have a special needs child, but didn't want to have the screen name point to him per se.

I usually go by KarynSpoogMaster which has an interesting story. When I was around 5 or 6, my older sister caught me picking me nose (oh stop, ya'll did it, too!) :lol: and she took to calling me Booger. Well, my dad, who was sensitive like me, told her that it wasn't a nice name and asked if she could somehow make it more... um... palatable! :lol: So she changed it to Scloober. Well, that had a really gross, wet sound to it :ack2: so it morphed into Spooger. I was Spooger, Spooglet, Spoogatini, Spoogareenie, Spoogasaurus, SpoogMeistro, and finally, I earned the grand title: *trumpet sounds* Master of Spoogs! (you have to echo that like He-Man's "I have the power!!!!") Hence, KarynSpoogMaster. It's much better than the original, I think! :w00t:

Mine is boring. My name is Lori, and I live in BC. When I was working up the courage to make my first post on the old boards, I wanted to remain somewhat invisible. LBC seemed pretty invisible.:)

Lori

I just changed my screen name. I was Christina in Space Coast which was where I lived for two and a half years. (Space Coast is Brevard County, FL, home of Cape Canaveral and the Space Shuttle). I just changed it to transientChris since I actually am a transient. We move every few years since my husband is an Active duty AF officer and we have at least 2 1/2 more years if he wants to get full Col. retirement but it may be as long as 8.

We call baby spit up "urp", as is "Ugh, get me the cloth, she just urped all over me again." I was in the throes of 4 month old babydom when I chose it, and feeling like I may spend the rest of my life...urpey. It passed. We had another baby. It still applies.:tongue_smilie:

I'm sure there is an interesting story behind some of the screen names here, although some I think I can guess where they came from! ;) Please tell us the story behind YOUR screen name!

I'll start:

Mine can be easily deciphered by reading it backwards. It's related to my interest in solar electricity.

Mine is what my niece called me when she was little...actually it was mommy-aunt-faithe. She was so cute and it stuck...she still calls me that sometimes even though she is 19 :D

~~Faithe

I created mine after a particularly rough morning with my drama queen dd (then 4.) It was a bad, bad, name choice and I regret it because it makes people think I am a drama queen. I am not, I promise you.

She is definitely not. The sky could be falling, the local nuclear plant being taken over by terrorists, a swarm of locusts descending, and she would be telling you, "Well, all we have to do is..." to take care of the whole situation! :D

Because my real name is Brunhilde.

:lol:

If I'd had a girl, the poor thing was going to get "Griselda" because we wanted to name her "Zelda" and we're both against using nicknames as formal names.

It's a good thing we had a boy; "grey battle maiden" would have been a tough road...

a

• 3 weeks later...

Chiming in a few week's late, but I only entered this general forum (as opposed to the curriculum one) this week. :)

I have never heard of anyone with the name Satori, and I always thought it was beautiful. I named myself Satori while playing alts in a few online games like Everquest and such. Finally, when my daughter was born, that's what I named her!

Satori means "enlightenment" in Japanese and also used in Buddhism/Hinduism, and it sounds so peaceful yet knowledgeable to me. It also means "characterized by belief in the power of human reason".

I just changed my screen name. I was Christina in Space Coast which was where I lived for two and a half years. (Space Coast is Brevard County, FL, home of Cape Canaveral and the Space Shuttle). I just changed it to transientChris since I actually am a transient. We move every few years since my husband is an Active duty AF officer and we have at least 2 1/2 more years if he wants to get full Col. retirement but it may be as long as 8.

I was a PA officer at Patrick AFB from 1998 to 2000. That was my first assignment as a butterbar ... can you imagine? I had SO MUCH FUN!

nothing too interesting about mine, just mine and my kids names- well some of them. we've added two since i chose that name!

Okay let me guess here ...

Your name is JEN

Your kids' names are TANC and ALANN?

LOL:tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie: