Menu

s/o ...good immunity. Which probiotic(s) do you take?

6packofun

Everyone's different. My doc, an allopath turned alternative meds doc, recommends switching brands frequently. Right now I'm on Culturelle.

And for everyone who's been on abx at some point, or especially when on them, don't forget the S. Boulardii. This does more for my health and immune function than traditional probiotics. But - my gut is a mess, so YMMV.

Edited by Spryte

I've used Bio Kult and been happy with it as well as some cheaper brands. Stronger ones work better for me and I can tell which are cheap and not working by my digestive system. I have the kids and myself on Garden of Life right now. I'm liking their kids probiotic a lot better than the last one I had the kids on. (Hyperbiotic)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does one choose from among all the different kinds?

I have no idea.  After a thread on here I tried Culturelle for 3 months, but saw absolutely no difference whatsoever when on it or quitting it afterward.

Whatever you opt to try, I'd do some sort of similar "test" to make sure you aren't wasting money.  Different types might work better for some than others.

I'm not taking any now, but do eat yogurt once in a while - not all that often really.

• Like 1

Epicor is a yeast ferment (beneficial) that has research behind it's ability to enhance immune function. I have a child with immune system issues, and that's what was recommended to us by an integrative med dr. He takes colostrum too (plus Culturelle and Florastor fwiw).

Edited by sbgrace