Menu

Court is tomorrow. Please pray/send positive thoughts......

Update on page 3.

For the best interest of my son and his siblings.

"They" are moving for a continuance, full psychological evaluation, educational testing and fighting child support (he's payin $400 a month for 3 kids).

We are moving for immediate trial, asking for a modification of child support and attorney's fees (this has gone on for a year, a year he has been unemployed and paying the $400 child support for *3* kids).

Clearly, I have a bias in this one and in my prayer for God's justice. I feel like I'm living the Psalms.

Edited by Joanne

Coming back to add that...

1) A church friend is taking me.

2) My Pastor is meeting me there.

3) The beginning of the day (9:00 am is more like a "roll call" than court. My DH (who, remember, lost one of his jobs last week due to lay offs) will be at an interview. Depending on how our case gets slotted, he'll join us.

That encapsulates it all for me. My xh, unemployed for a year, will be in court after costing me $8K in legal. My DH, having worked 3 jobs since August will be on an interview (with the Census Bureau, for those who pray). If the whole thing weren't so.....pathetic, it would be funny.

Update:

Continuance was granted.

That means that the modification of child support won't be considered until the next court date. The next court date? Sept!!!

The other counsel asked for a full psychological eval. My attorney said she'd only allow it without fight if 1) they paid for all of it and 2) the amicus recommended the person. They agreed to those conditions.

Tell me...how does a man who has been unemployed for over a year have the money to pay for a full psychological eval (thousands of dollars) after a year of custody battle (thousands of dollars) and can't pay more than $133 per child per month in child support? Why can't the court address that?

So, it's not bad news. I'm moving forward as if we've won. My attorney said to prepare the same material for the psychological evaluator as I did for the amicus.

We'll continue to pray, eat, argue over chores, participate in Youth Group, Tae Kwon Do, baseball, play Tripoloy and Yatzee, watch Survivor and American Idol and do school.

PS: Son in question scored, as an 8th grader, between 300 and 400 on each section of his SAT.

PS: Son in question scored, as an 8th grader, between 300 and 400 on each section of his SAT.

The child in question is in grade eight? So he'd be what, 13? 14? ...I'm surprised at all this assessment & psychological evaluation & stuff :001_huh: - as far as I've ever known, they take the wishes of a teenager into consideration...'course, I don't know the backstory on all this. It just caught my eye, his grade...yeesh, by the length of time they seem to be putting between your court dates, the kid could be beyond the age where the court's decision is even gonna have any force behind it. Kinda hard to "force" a teenager to go live somewhere if they don't want to be there... I was that kid and the attempts at forcing me to live where I didn't want to live went about as well as giving a polar bear a bath. ;)