Menu

My Confession....

We're another "school in our PJ's" family. I realize that there are some out there that don't feel comfortable in PJ's all day. We're not one of them. I can get just as much accomplished if we all stay in PJ's. We only put on other clothes if we have to leave the house for something other than a run past a drive thru. We all get up, brush teeth and hair, then put on clean Pj's each morning. Most would look at our PJ's as "Lounge clothes" though, they are basically PJ bottoms/flannel pants and tshirts.

I've only done it once, back when ds was in 1st grade. I looked in the mirror and decided that wasn't the picture I wanted ds to have of his first grade teacher. :lol::lol::lol:

So now I at least get dressed, put on a bra, and pull back my hair. Somedays dressed is sweats though, just a step above my pjs.

I wish I could stay in my jammies for school! I have a strong need to get dressed and do my hair and a bit of makeup on the off chance that someone might actually see me.... Lo and behold, our neighbor is having phone trouble, and has been over three times today, and my BIL stopped by twice for things. This is very unusual, but the memory of it will keep me getting dressed early in the day for at least another 6 months.

You mean to tell me that some people DON'T wear PJ's all day?!?!

I get dressed when (and only when) I have to leave the house. And honestly, I have gone to the store in my PJ's.

There have been a few days where I needed to feel "alive" and so I brushed my hair and changed from the PJ's I slept in, to clean PJ's or something that resembles PJ's but technically is not.

You mean to tell me that some people DON'T wear PJ's all day?!?!

I get dressed when (and only when) I have to leave the house. And honestly, I have gone to the store in my PJ's.

There have been a few days where I needed to feel "alive" and so I brushed my hair and changed from the PJ's I slept in, to clean PJ's or something that resembles PJ's but technically is not.

You posted exactly what I was going to post! :D

Add me to the list. We wear our pj's around here until we need to leave the house. :001_smile: My ideal HS schedule, once dd2 isn't taking an afternoon nap anymore, is to school from 9 to 12, eat lunch, take showers/get ready/have quiet time, and then venture out into the world. :D I'm NOT a morning person, so the idea of having to be showered, dressed, and ready to go before starting school is nothing short of overwhelming. We'd probably only be able to get in an hour or so before lunch. I'm pretty slow first thing in the morning. :lol:

:rofl:

Oh my I'm laughing so hard!

I also frequently wear my PJs for much of the day as does DD.

The only reason the boys don't is that they don't actually wear PJs so they have to put something on. Usually they choose the most ripped pair of trousers and stained shirt they can find... or pirate dress ups or similar. Might as well be PJs.

Ummm, I'm not sure how to take your post... We shower daily in our home. If you are asking if we shower first thing in the morning though the answer is no. I don't see why you would assume we are all sitting around without ever showering though. Maybe I'm miss reading your post.

I don't homeschool but I can't sit around in pajamas all day. When I get out of bed I go straight into the shower then dress. Why would I put my pajamas back on?

Are you guys all sitting around without washing? :glare:

Yabusame.

Oh we do shower/bathe every day. And we are sure to put on clean pjs after our baths. :D

I don't homeschool but I can't sit around in pajamas all day. When I get out of bed I go straight into the shower then dress. Why would I put my pajamas back on?

Are you guys all sitting around without washing? :glare:

Yabusame.

then why are you here?? :glare:

confused about this post!!:confused::confused:

Holly

The boys often stay in pjs all day.

I get dressed every day...but sometimes it's not until 15 minutes before dh comes home!!!

And not because he'd be horrified or anything. It just makes me feel unattractive to be in my bummy looking pjs with wild hair and unmade-up face. I don't like feeling unattractive around other people (other than the kids...they don't notice those things at their young ages.)