Menu

Pray for tn

Elizabeth86

55 minutes ago, Elizabeth86 said:

The flooding is so bad. There is a hospital local-ish that has employees and patients trapped on a roof. The water is too rough for boats to rescue them right now.

https://www.greenevillesun.com/news/local_news/ballad-flooding-forces-emergency-evacuation-at-unicoi-county-hospital/article_24d3d364-7cf8-11ef-a2ed-

Praying for the trapped people especially, and the rescue workers, but also praying for leaders to get some f-g common sense and plan better in their rebuilding. The Nolichucky has been flooding there since at least 1791, and they put a hospital in a low spot right next to the river.

• Like 5
  • Sad 5

24 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Praying for the trapped people especially, and the rescue workers, but also praying for leaders to get some f-g common sense and plan better in their rebuilding. The Nolichucky has been flooding there since at least 1791, and they put a hospital in a low spot right next to the river.

In our experience, hospitals are not awesome at communicating disaster plans either. My DH doesn’t even always know there is a tornado nearby, and it’s always kind of like, you can hide in this tiny room, but no pointers on what to do with patients. (We all have our phones set to get alerts, but all of us can be home, and only one person will get the alert, and it’s not always the same person! We get all the Ambers and Silvers and Air Quality alerts though.) I can’t imagine what these poor healthcare workers are dealing with.

• Sad 2

They are dealing with Bad things. Those patients and staff are going through it. Electricity would need to be off for safety reasons. Everybody on oxygen needs to go onto portable tanks. Nonambulatory patients with no elevator need to be packaged and carried. Trying to figure out who is critical for needing ongoing fluids/meds during evac….  I seriously feel for them. 😞  

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

They are dealing with Bad things. Those patients and staff are going through it. Electricity would need to be off for safety reasons. Everybody on oxygen needs to go onto portable tanks. Nonambulatory patients with no elevator need to be packaged and carried. Trying to figure out who is critical for needing ongoing fluids/meds during evac….  I seriously feel for them. 😞  

And how dry are the HCWs and patients? Their loved ones must be frantic.

Edit: Footage looks like rain has stopped.

Edited by kbutton

My friend lives near Erwin, TN and she said there is basically no way out of the town now because of road collapses.  The pictures are awful.  There are people missing.

ETA: it looks like the hospital is under water??? Is that right???

Edited by cintinative
  • Sad 7

2 hours ago, cintinative said:

My friend lives near Erwin, TN and she said there is basically no way out of the town now because of road collapses.  The pictures are awful.  There are people missing.

In some news article, I saw alerts saying that all of the roads in Western NC should be considered closed, and that no one should try getting out unless they have to seek higher ground.

• Sad 2

24 minutes ago, kbutton said:

In some news article, I saw alerts saying that all of the roads in Western NC should be considered closed, and that no one should try getting out unless they have to seek higher ground.

Yes. Around 11:15 yesterday the NC DOT said all roads in western NC should be considered closed. It looks really bad in the mountains of western NC and eastern TN. 

• Sad 3

24 minutes ago, lmrich said:

So tragic. Western NC is basically closed off. Praying for all in those communities. I LOVE that area of the county and have a broken heart for all involved. 

My friend's dad lives there and she hasn't heard from him due to no power or cell coverage.  So scary and sad.  The missing person reports are really heartbreaking.  😞 

• Sad 4

8 hours ago, Elizabeth86 said:

I just saw a post asking for help in Black Mountain NC. It said there were 100 people trapped on a mountain. It’s says they will be out of food in a day or two and there is a lady giving birth. I pray there are no complications for her and the baby.

I saw on Facebook that they have been or are being rescued. No specific mention of the mom and baby though.

21 hours ago, alisoncooks said:

That whole area is suffering. Western NC is reporting some pretty severe damage. Chimney Rock Village appears to be mostly lost. It’s unreal. 😞

It really is awful.   My son is up at APP.   Classes are cancelled for the WEEK and many are saying that after the week, they may have to go remote for a while as the roads are a mess and they have so much damage.   For this week, they aren't going remote because much of the area is without electricity, internet, or water.   My son was without it for about 24 hours but it seems to be working again for him now.   He lives in an apartment but it is right next to campus.

• Sad 1