Menu

How to use blueberry cheddar?

Amira

Any ideas?  I have some and it’s not my favorite flavor profile (probably because blueberries are not my favorite berry), but I’m thinking I could bake or cook something that might be good.  Maybe blueberry muffins with this blueberry cheddar?  

• Like 1

I did a quick Google for “blueberry cheddar,” and grilled cheese sandwiches come up. I think these are usually made with separate ingredients, so you are ahead of the game, lol!

Some people like jam on grilled cheese, so maybe this is like that?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, kbutton said:

I did a quick Google for “blueberry cheddar,” and grilled cheese sandwiches come up. I think these are usually made with separate ingredients, so you are ahead of the game, lol!

Some people like jam on grilled cheese, so maybe this is like that?

Yeah, grilled cheese was the main thing I saw too.  I think I’m hoping to come up with a way to repackage the strong blueberry flavor into something where it feels like it belongs.  Because my brain is not dealing well with the combination right now. 🙂

1 minute ago, Amira said:

Yeah, grilled cheese was the main thing I saw too.  I think I’m hoping to come up with a way to repackage the strong blueberry flavor into something where it feels like it belongs.  Because my brain is not dealing well with the combination right now. 🙂

I feel like blueberry stands on its own, so I get it! The jam on grilled cheese is the only connection that would make me think the blueberry needed the cheddar or vice versa. 

Could you gift it to someone? I think that’s what I would have to do.

• Like 1

Huh, I am not even sure this would last long enough in this house to be put in the fridge. If some managed to survive the trip from the front door to the fridge, it'd probably get eaten on crackers. I think it would be good in a grilled sandwich, but that would be too much effort (not the sandwich itself, the protecting of the cheese to last that long).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Amira said:

Any ideas?  I have some and it’s not my favorite flavor profile (probably because blueberries are not my favorite berry), but I’m thinking I could bake or cook something that might be good.  Maybe blueberry muffins with this blueberry cheddar?  

I’d shred it and use it in breakfast biscuits.

you’re welcome!!!

☺️

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KungFuPanda said:

Put it on a cheese board and pawn it off on unsuspecting guests.  That’s such a weird combo. Don’t get me wrong, I’d eat it, but I have a little trouble imagining the combo. Is it a mild cheddar?

Yes, quite mild.  The blueberry is strong.  

On 9/10/2024 at 1:22 PM, Amira said:

Well? Whaddya make? 

or is it still sitting in your cheese drawer?