Menu

Movie for a girls night?

Im hosting a movie night for my neighborhood. The attendees are all women in their 30s-50s. Lots of us have only sons, so we are looking for girly movies (something my boys probably wouldn’t really want to watch).

I was thinking My Best Friends Wedding. I haven’t seen it in forever and I just heard a song that reminded me of it. Or Father of the Bride? I haven’t watched many movies so I’m sure there are good ones I have never seen or heard of.

Do they like older movies?

boy's night out

Princess Bride

Steele Magnolias (tear jerker though)

Legally blonde

The devil wears Prada

Crazy Rich Asians

Princess Diaries

Miss Congeniality

Austenland (2013)
Enchanted April (1991)
Miss Congeniality (2000)
The Devil Wears Prada (2006)
Only You (1994)
Dear Frankie (2004) -- Irish accents, if that is a problem for people

Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris -- I haven't seen the (2022) version, but the trailer looks pretty good; the 1992 Angela Lansbury version is fine -- very Hallmark-y )lol) 

Edited by Lori D.
  • Like 1

Honestly I was thinking of Moonstruck, too.  I re-watched it recently with my sister.  

“We” both still liked it, but I would worry it might be corny, and I don’t think it’s as safe as some of the other choices.  

It was my most recent “girl’s night” movie, though.  Before that we watched “Puss in Boots:  The Last Wish” with my teenagers… it was our first totally adult movie together in a long time, and we both wanted to watch it again.  We used to watch it together on VHS!!!!!!

Edit — what I mean is, I don’t know if it would be a broadly popular movie.  Some other suggestions I would also like and they do seem more broadly popular to me.  

Edited by Lecka