Menu

Need movie idea for dd and I

Ottakee

Would like a movie idea for tonight.  Needs to be a Netflix, Amazon prime or Disney plus one.

i loved My Big Day Greek Wedding 1,2 and 3 and A Man Called Otto.  I seriously have watched almost no tv or movies in years.  Dd likes ones with animals or comedies.

I would love a fun comedy or family movie that is PG rated or very light PG 13.   

Any ideas for us?

Austenland (2013) -- light/humor/romance of contemporary people at a Jane Austen historical recreation manor and ball
Enchanted (2007) -- a sweet Disney animated princess falls into the real world; romance/musical/humor
Miss Congeniality (2000) -- Sandra Bullock as an FBI agent undercover at a beauty pageant; humor/romance/light action

• Like 3

Yesterday - a cute look at what would happen if almost nobody remembered who the Beatles were IIRC.

Rescued By Ruby - a state trooper wants to train for the K9 unit, but his dog is, um, hardheaded

Finding Ohana - a search for treasure.  Cute, no deep thinking involved

They're all on Netflix. 

• Like 2

We really enjoyed Free Guy on disney, the new Cruella with Emma Stone, and the new Cinderella musical. Also, if you haven't seen Saving Mr. Banks, I highly recommend it. The 1st and 2nd Night at the Museum/Smithsonian were great and genuinely funny. I think those are on Disney.

Leap Year was a kind of cute, comedy romance. Pg. I think it is on Amazon prime.

• Like 3

Could you also start watching a TV series together, or a TV mini-series, then watch the first few episodes? That would greatly increase the choices out there. I almost never watch streamed movies anymore as there are so many wonderful TV series. 

• Like 2

Amazon

A Million Miles Away (ok, not a comedy.  True story of the first Latino astronaut, who came from a family of migrant farm workers. - This is my kind of movie - but dh enjoyed it too.)

Ride like a girl  - first woman to win the Melbourne Cup (rent of $4 on amazon/streaming pluto)

In our prime (subtitles, Korean.  Drama, but positive and very good.  About a math student in an exclusive private school being tutored by the security guard - a North Korean defector who was a mathematician who defected to protect his work from being weaponized.)

To Sir, with Love (Sidney Poitier, original teacher takes over an unruly class movie.  Bonus is Lulu singing To Sir, with love.)

Netflix

I second - Rescued by Ruby

TOGO ( Nome vaccine run.  incidentally, the same man owned both Togo and Balto.  He used Togo as lead on his own sled, an employee ran Balto paired with Fawks.  The reporter thought Fawks sounded too much like Fox, and made no mention of him.)   

5 hours ago, Harriet Vane said:

Secondhand Lions

2nd

4 hours ago, I talk to the trees said:

We enjoyed Knives Out. 

hehehe - 2nd

4 hours ago, Lori D. said:

Miss Congeniality (2000) -- Sandra Bullock as an FBI agent undercover at a beauty pageant; humor/romance/light action

2nd

4 hours ago, rebcoola said:

27 dresses, Princess Bride, Love Bug, 

2nd

And if you (or your daughter) haven't seen The Princess Bride . ... Your education is woefully incomplete.  Inconceivable! 

Even my sons said dudeling needed to see it for his education.

Boys night out. $4 on amazon

If I didn't second it, I probably haven't actually seen it to have an opinion.

58 minutes ago, wintermom said:

Could you also start watching a TV series together, or a TV mini-series, then watch the first few episodes? That would greatly increase the choices out there. I almost never watch streamed movies anymore as there are so many wonderful TV series. 

Well, I watch tv about 2 hours every 6 months so it would take us a LONG time to finish a series😀

• Haha 1