Menu

Oh my gosh! I've done something obscene...

Okay...so we finished our little family Christmas celebration tonight, and then I moved on to preparing lunch items for our large family gathering tomorrow.

I have frozen meatballs that I thought I'd put in the crockpot, and I have little sandwiches, and a pot of soup, and some of those little cocktail weenies. I don't particularly like the cocktail weenies, but I know they'll be popular with the crowd of about 30 people that will be here for most of the day tomorrow.

So, um, I decided that since the weenies and the meatballs both go in crockpots with barbeque sauce, I'd just put them in my large crockpot together. Seemed fine until my littlest dc checked out what I was doing and said, "Mom, now you have weenies *and* balls!!". :001_huh:

I looked in my crockpot and saw two little meatballs right on top, with a cocktail weiner sticking straight up between them, and :ohmy::blushing: um...it really does look obscene, and I can't imagine how much unwelcome comedic attention I'm gonna get for this...it didn't occur to me, but my teen boys are beside themselves with the juvenille humor of it all. A whole pot of balls and weenies. Imagine that...

So, should I try to separate the two at this point (wouldn't be easy, it's a big batch, and they're all mixed together), or should I let it ride and hope none of my dh's brothers come up with it on their own (doesn't seem possible that they won't, 'cause it's totally apparent and just *waiting* to be commented on!). :leaving:

:lol::lol::lol:

OK, as I see it, you have two choices:

1) Separate them and your sons will still tell the story to the men as they arrive and you will hear all of the jokes you don't want to hear.

2) Leave them alone and let the men discover it on their own and hear all of the jokes you don't want to hear.

Having said that, I would still separate them, but I think you'd better prepare to hear the jokes anyway.

Oh, that is so funny! I say go with it as is and this Christmas will go down in your family history as the "balls and weenies Christmas!" As long as everyone is laid back in the gathering and won't be upset by it. I say laugh with them! You guys might be laughing so hard you start crying or something. What fun! :D

Oh, that is so funny! I say go with it as is and this Christmas will go down in your family history as the "balls and weenies Christmas!" As long as everyone is laid back in the gathering and won't be upset by it. I say laugh with them! You guys might be laughing so hard you start crying or something. What fun! :D

:iagree::lol::lol::lol:

It's 4am and my family is still asleep. I'm having to contain my laughter, that is too much. :lol::lol::lol:

:w00t::biggrinjester::blush:

Depends on the humor of your guests whether I'd bother to separate. if I thought one of my relatives might seriously be offended I would. They might still hear the jokes, but they wouldn't have to see it. :lol:

You've just created the new Christmas classic. I can't wait to hear the "after Christmas" story.

Okay...so we finished our little family Christmas celebration tonight, and then I moved on to preparing lunch items for our large family gathering tomorrow.

I have frozen meatballs that I thought I'd put in the crockpot, and I have little sandwiches, and a pot of soup, and some of those little cocktail weenies. I don't particularly like the cocktail weenies, but I know they'll be popular with the crowd of about 30 people that will be here for most of the day tomorrow.

So, um, I decided that since the weenies and the meatballs both go in crockpots with barbeque sauce, I'd just put them in my large crockpot together. Seemed fine until my littlest dc checked out what I was doing and said, "Mom, now you have weenies *and* balls!!". :001_huh:

I looked in my crockpot and saw two little meatballs right on top, with a cocktail weiner sticking straight up between them, and :ohmy::blushing: um...it really does look obscene, and I can't imagine how much unwelcome comedic attention I'm gonna get for this...it didn't occur to me, but my teen boys are beside themselves with the juvenille humor of it all. A whole pot of balls and weenies. Imagine that...

So, should I try to separate the two at this point (wouldn't be easy, it's a big batch, and they're all mixed together), or should I let it ride and hope none of my dh's brothers come up with it on their own (doesn't seem possible that they won't, 'cause it's totally apparent and just *waiting* to be commented on!). :leaving:

:smilielol5:

Oh my goodness! I'm going to be reading this to my family when they get up. This is hilarious!!!! Yes, I'd leave them and let the jokes fly. This will definately be a Christmas you'll remember for a long time!!!

Got any hot buns to add to the mix?

:D

(You know, for meatball subs? )

No, I thought about serving "rolls" to go with the meatballs though, and decided against it!

Now it's morning, and my teen boys are still snickering (possibly even harder than before...)

I inadvertently added to the joke this morning.

I ran errands on Tuesday, and my sister-in-law asked me to pick up a bag of pistachios for her dh, since it's their Christmas tradition and she forgot to get them on her shopping day. Can you see it coming?.....wait for it......

Yup, you probably guessed.

This morning I asked my boys where my nuts were.

More gales of laughter ensued, since it came right on top of the "balls and weenies" thing.

{smacking forehead} What is it with the slang terms for male anatomy anyway?! :lol:

Edited by Julie in CA

Nah. Just give their obscene teenage imaginations a nudge in the opposite* direction--if we run OUT of weinies & balls, I. wonder. where. we. can. get. MORE. Bwhahhaaha!!! ;)

I vote for Aubrey's suggestion. And btw, this will become part of Family Lore, so just roll with it. I'm a bit of a prude, but when something is this over the top with teenage boys around, I give up trying to put the toothpaste back in the tube.

You'll make yourself ridiculous if you try to separate them. Relax. Let them have their fun.

...last week, I took the very same combination in a crock pot to our faculty Christmas party. They were a hit, but I think (hope:)) the faculty is too beyond the teenage humor to have noticed. Maybe they were so hungry they only thought food!

Thanks for the giggles!

That is freakin' hilarious! In fact, from now on, I think I shall always prepare these two items together. I welcome the jokes. Things like that can help keep you sane while dealing with crazy relatives and gift exchange tensions. I always try to include at least one gag gift along with our Dirty Santa gift exchange items. It really does help keep me smiling and relieve some of that tension that builds when I'm forced to play nice and bite my tongue for too long. Fa la la la la la la!

on the WTM boards...

Why not?

Balls and weenies...

BooKs

and other funnies.

You might even have to post a recipe so we can get "Christmas Balls and Weenies" into the Well-Trained Kitchen.

I gotta share this story with my sil...she'll totally enjoy the joke, particularly since it was inadvertent. :D

You have made my day! Try a quick freeze on the better specimens, then sell the frozen product on EBAY with next day FedEx delivery. You may make enough money to hire a caterer for your next party. Consult with a patent attorney, you may have a rock hard winner.

no pun intended of course... :lol:

Sorry, but my teenage humor couldn't resist that one!