Menu

My neighbor’s Christmas decorations

Terabith

No, not the monolith neighbor.  They actually have done no holiday decorating. I am a bit concerned.  But these other neighbors have put up a Christmas decoration that I don’t really understand. Like maybe it’s a panda holding a gift? But it looks like a skeleton.  What do y’all think?  

IMG_4484.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

My neighbors (of fence and dog drama) keep adding to their light display, mostly along the side of the house under our bedroom window. I swear they are trolling us.

If people decorate here at all, it tends to be simple tasteful lights from the eaves. The weirdest one I've seen in our hood is a garage door wrap of a manger scene. It's enormous and just...why? Are they getting on the good side of their religion's head honcho by wrapping their garage door in yards of plastic? 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Terabith said:

I think one of my favorite holiday displays I’ve seen is this one family got one of those giant 12 foot tall skeletons for Halloween and just put a Santa hat on it for Christmas.  I found that hilarious and charming. 

There's a 12ft for skeleton near us that's been out since Halloween. It is now stringing lights made out of painted 2 liter pop bottles over a 10ft tall bush in the yard.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Teaching3bears said:

That’s not a Christmas decoration.  That’s an extraterrestrial!  He was lured by the monolith and has come to spy on it.  

Monolith has just been sad lately.  They have barely been seen, haven’t been doing any decorating, and there’s like eight million dogs.