Menu

Gen X'ers, did you have one of these when you were young?

cintinative

I Didn’t, but my slightly older cousins did, and I played with theirs.

i bought one a few years ago for my daughter with updated styles, and there was a version with superheroes with different masks and outfits and stuff more aimed towards boys.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cintinative said:

@MercyA I'm kind of jealous!! I was just thinking it would be cool to still have it, but I have no place to store it, and two boys, so I will vicariously through you.  😃

I wish you could come over to my house to play with it, along with all the other Hive Fashion Plates fans! We could have a Fashion Plates party!!!

If you ever have a granddaughter, I think you should buy one of the new sets for her. 🙂 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Arcadia said:

I didn’t remember seeing this in stores but I don’t like pink in general and I mainly pick LEGOs. I had the paper cut dolls because that was given by my 1st grade teacher as a year end gift to students (Catholic girls school). 
e.g. 
81ph9IZABNL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

I loved aper dolls! I looked for some recently & couldn’t find any, so if anyone finds a paper doll book, send a link my way!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hyacinth said:

Not only did I have fashion plates, I imagined the creations came to life and I named them all. 

There was a Cheryl and a Sharon. The one with the long hair reminded me of Blair on Facts of Life but I named her Jill.

I was a weird, lonely kid.  🙃😁 

I love this so much. ❤️

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TechWife said:

I loved paper dolls! I looked for some recently & couldn’t find any, so if anyone finds a paper doll book, send a link my way!

Dover Books has an extensive paper doll line for collectors, as well as some for children

This site has lots of beautiful paper dolls, including reproductions of vintage books.

Etsy has both physical paper dolls (handmade and vintage) and digital download paper dolls.

I loved paper dolls and sometimes cut "dolls" from fashion catalogs, too. 🙂

Edited by MercyA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hyacinth said:

Not only did I have fashion plates, I imagined the creations came to life and I named them all. 

There was a Cheryl and a Sharon. The one with the long hair reminded me of Blair on Facts of Life but I named her Jill.

I was a weird, lonely kid.  🙃😁 

I think that's fun.  I had a friend in elementary school who wrote stories based on the pictures of children on the Quilted Northern packages.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Carrie12345 said:

I was a fan of paper dolls, too.

Does anyone remember Dolly Pops? I can’t find an image I’m confident would be allowed, but there are tons in a basic search. My sisters and I loved those, too!

Yes, I had a set and loved them. 🙂