Menu

New England- Roll Call Whose out there

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we're reletively new to the area and are their any conferences that any of you attend in New England?

The Family Resource Center has taken over the big secular New England Homeschool Conference that is held each year in Boxborough, Mass. They have renamed it the the EXPO, and have included a bunch of for-fee activities for kids that take place at the same time as the workshops. The 2008 EXPO will be held Sept 19-21.

http://www.family-resource-center.com/Expo2008/Expo2008_Index.html

I usually go to this conference every 2-3 years or so, just to spend a few hours walking around in the enormous vendor hall. It gives me the opportunity to actually look at books that I might want to buy. It looks like the vendor selection might be smaller, though, as their info states that only about 30 of the 85 spaces are for vendors this year.

• 1 month later...
Hi Diane and NHMom and any other NH'ers out there!

NHMom - We are in the same town! Are you new to town or just new to HS-ing?:001_smile:

How old are your boys?

I'm glad to see there is someone here from the same town! I'm new to hs-ing, so new that I haven't even started yet. ;)

DS8 will be starting 3rd grade in Sept, and DS6 will be starting 1st grade.

Right now I'm in gather mode. I can't believe the wealth of information out there. It's a daunting task trying to weed through it all to figure out what I need and what I can live without. :ohmy:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

We're not New Englanders, but we are thinking of moving there. We're currently in Wisconsin and dh is going to telecommute once we sell our house here. New Hampshire is one of the areas we are thinking of, but we know very little about it. Dh would like to be somewhat within commuting distance to a technology corridor (he's a software engineer) in case he needs to look for a job, but we're not sure where that would put us. And we do want to be involved with hs groups for our 7.5 yr old daughter (not many in our area now and she'd love to find some friends).

Any input, feedback, positives or negatives of the area would be greatly appreciated as we're doing this somewhat blindly.

Thanks!

Amy

• 1 month later...

Hopefully, you are aware of two pieces of legislation that will be introduced (if they haven't already) that will directly affect homeschooling in our state. If you are not aware, here's links to the proposed bills:

H.B. 367

H.B. 368

You can stay up to date with the progress and plans for grass-roots lobbying efforts at

http://nhhomeschooling.org/

http://www.chenh.org

or your local support group.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Don't worry. It visits briefly Memorial Day, then shows up from time to time, then comes to stay in late June. Soon now it will be hot. Then beginning in Sept you will have cool days and by Oct, most will be cool but you will get a few days of Indian summer. Snow comes to stay about Christmas, usually, stays until about the end of Feb. or mid March, then it snows occasionally until mid April. The last few don't stick. They make the grass green.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Favorite Kitty

I live in northern central Mass with my boyfriend and two children. My daughter is 14 and my son just turned 8. We have only been homeschooling for less than a year. We are always looking for neat things to do and even neater people to hang out with :)

• 1 month later...

Just thought that I would jump in and say that I am a New Englander through and through! I was born and raised in Nashua, NH I left at the age of 22 and met my husband here (just outside of Jacksonville, FL) and I have been here ever since. I do go to Nashua 2 or 3 times/year. I miss the seasons!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
So this may be an old thread but here I am late as always! :)

NH/MA line in the Seacoast!

Well, some of us have subscribed to this, so it's never too late.

Welcome to everyone who has introduced themselves here since the last time I posted on this thread.

We are in northern Maine, up in The County.

I had no idea there were so many from Maine here. Seemed like the closest neighbor I had were the people from NH. :D Of course, now that other Mainers are coming out of the woodwork, they are at the wrong end of the state. :lol:

Edited by Parrothead

• 5 months later...