Menu

Stanley tumbler huge blowout sale (link below)

DawnM

9 minutes ago, Just Kate said:

I was getting ready to order and got concerned. When I googled for the brads deals website, it comes up differently and doesn’t have this deal. 

I saw this same deal elsewhere a few days ago as brads-deals something or other.

And decided not to take advantage for the same reason -- it felt like a scam somehow.

I just ordered, too, and then I went and the confirmation email looked suspicious, so I checked and the email address isn't legitimate and my credit card shows a charge from some weird company name in Hong Kong!

Pretty sure this is a scam. My credit card company canceled my card and is sending me a new one. I have had that same credit card number for so many years and I have it memorized so I can use it all the time online, but it's worth losing the number because I don't want to take the risk.

Edited to add tags to everyone who posted here that they ordered or might order: @DawnM@CTVKath @fraidycat @WildflowerMom @vonfirmath @Just Kate  I think you might want to call your credit card companies now.

Edited by Catwoman
  • Thanks 2

Just now, WildflowerMom said:

Oh jeez.  I put the credit card in but didn’t hit submit.  Do y’all think it will have gotten my info?    I went back and looked and my credit card info isn’t on the payment form so I know it didn’t save it.  

I don't know -- I know it saved my cart when I went in and out of the site, but I don't know if they could have captured your info without you having actually submitted it. I personally wouldn't take any chances and would call your credit card company. 

• Thanks 1

I entered my info (name, email, address, and phone), but stopped before I entered my credit card info. So I guess I shared my contact info, but thankfully not my credit card. I guess there is nothing I can do about that?

@Catwoman I’m so sorry you ordered and have to cancel your credit card. Thanks for confirming this is a scam. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Indigo Blue said:

the link goes to an off brand one (name brand listed as "generic")

• Thanks 1

How do we know this isn't a company in Hong Kong that bought out a bunch of BB&B product before it was shipped to stores?

I've got my receipt by email. And when I go back to the website and track my order with my email address, it comes up with the order number that matches my receipt although it is listed as "unshipped". I could cancel the order because it hasn't shipped yet. But it seems like I"m going to get something....or maybe it's knock off Stanley cups?

12 minutes ago, CTVKath said:

How do we know this isn't a company in Hong Kong that bought out a bunch of BB&B product before it was shipped to stores?

I've got my receipt by email. And when I go back to the website and track my order with my email address, it comes up with the order number that matches my receipt although it is listed as "unshipped". I could cancel the order because it hasn't shipped yet. But it seems like I"m going to get something....or maybe it's knock off Stanley cups?

Brads Deals is a real website (it is bradsdeals.com). But here with the Stanley cups, it comes up as bradsdeals-us.com, which isn’t the accurate brads deals website address. That is what made me think it might be a scam. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, CTVKath said:

The way the website is set up also seems like it's trying to make you think they ARE Bed, Bath, & Beyond, but BB&B still has their own website up and running with (not nearly as exciting) clearance items. And the text on the site just screams scam: 

Closing Store Promotion

With heavy hearts, we announce the closure of Our Store It is an unfortunate end to our journey together. However, in this liquidation sale, we offer the remaining inventory at incredibly low prices. We sincerely thank you for your years of support and loyalty. May your homes continue to be filled with warmth and comfort.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CTVKath said:

Can you cancel the order? I wasn't given that option.

I think if the company was legitimate, they would simply say they bought BB&B closeout merchandise, rather than posing as actually being BB&B, don't you?

I'm not terribly concerned about getting bootleg Stanley tumblers; I'm mainly worried that this whole thing is a scam to get our credit card information to be used fraudulently elsewhere.

Edited by Catwoman
forgot something!
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Catwoman said:

That's ok, Dawn -- you were only trying to help us get a bargain. I know you would never have intentionally misled anyone!

Were you able to cancel? I'm not seeing that option.

No, but I am calling my credit card company and disputing the charge.

It was on Facebook and said Brad's Deals, I use Brad's deals all the time.   I should have double checked.   I usually do.   

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DawnM said:

No, but I am calling my credit card company and disputing the charge.

It was on Facebook and said Brad's Deals, I use Brad's deals all the time.   I should have double checked.   I usually do.   

My credit card company said the charge is still pending, so I have to watch to see if the transaction goes through and then file a dispute. They also strongly recommended I have them send me a replacement credit card with a new number, so that's what I did. 

• Like 1

Ugh. I ordered, too. We are traveling for a month, and I just called and canceled my card. The charge still says pending, though, so I need to call back and take care of that, too. 

Edited by Spryte
Autocorrect madness
  • Sad 1

The return policy says you can cancel as long as your order hasn't shipped yet. This is the email address they list for contacting them to cancel the order: bradsdeals-us@shfgk.com

I'm not vouching for them at all. I'm watching my credit card account and the order tracking to see what happens. I might end up wishing I'd canceled the order and my credit card but I want to wait a little longer and see what happens.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CTVKath said:

The return policy says you can cancel as long as your order hasn't shipped yet. This is the email address they list for contacting them to cancel the order: bradsdeals-us@shfgk.com

I'm not vouching for them at all. I'm watching my credit card account and the order tracking to see what happens. I might end up wishing I'd canceled the order and my credit card but I want to wait a little longer and see what happens.

Thanks, Kath! I just sent them an email to try to cancel my order. If I hear anything back from them, I'll post here.  🙂 

• Like 1

Just FYI Hydro Flask has a new tumbler similar to Stanley. They are pretty. I do love that Stanley has a twist on lid, though. 

(If anyone actually receives their tumblers from that website, I hope you update here. That’s amazing to get them for that price!)

https://www.hydroflask.com/32-oz-all-around-travel-tumbler?queryID=37be1a7c66f340ef7a84ebe6d11dcf7e&objectID=50982&indexName=magento2_prod_hfhydroflask_products#color=Dew

• Like 1

I received an email today that my order has shipped and it included a shipping number. I can also go directly to the website and look up my order and see that the order status is "complete" and the tracking number is the same as in my email.

I'm hoping.................................  I'll let you know what and if I receive them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, CTVKath said:

I received an email today that my order has shipped and it included a shipping number. I can also go directly to the website and look up my order and see that the order status is "complete" and the tracking number is the same as in my email.

I'm hoping.................................  I'll let you know what and if I receive them.

Good luck! I hope you get what you ordered! I would absolutely love to be proven completely wrong, because I hate the idea that any of us got ripped off. 

I wasn't willing to take the risk that a fake Bed Bath and Beyond site would actually send me the items I ordered, but if you get authentic Stanley tumblers, I guess it doesn't matter in the end that the site was misleading. (Actually, for the price, even if you get good quality fake Stanley tumblers, it might still turn out to have been an ok deal.)

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, CTVKath said:

Sorry to quote the same post twice, but I just checked my order status and I also have a shipping number. The courier says "other" and the tracking goes to a site called track718.com, which is a known scam tracking website:

https://www.scamwatcher.com/scam/view/284534

I have no idea why I now have a tracking number because I emailed to cancel my order days before it shipped, and I also got a refund from my credit card company before the company ever "shipped" anything, so they would have no reason to have sent me anything unless they plan to refute my dispute and try to get my money. I called Chase to let them know what's going on, and the rep believes that this is a scam and she said I have nothing to worry about regarding my refund. 

Has anyone else gotten tracking numbers that aren't recognizable as being from any of the usual shipping companies? (Because the one I got is definitely not FedEx, USPS, UPS, or DHL.)

4 hours ago, Catwoman said:

Good luck! I hope you get what you ordered! I would absolutely love to be proven completely wrong, because I hate the idea that any of us got ripped off. 

I wasn't willing to take the risk that a fake Bed Bath and Beyond site would actually send me the items I ordered, but if you get authentic Stanley tumblers, I guess it doesn't matter in the end that the site was misleading. (Actually, for the price, even if you get good quality fake Stanley tumblers, it might still turn out to have been an ok deal.)

I noticed Temu had a similar cup but a knock off, for $6, so I am wondering if maybe this company would at least ship the knock offs, but it sounds like they are shipping nothing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Alright Ladies - I gave up and called my bank to dispute the charge for my "Stanley Cups".  I've been tracking the order daily and watching a shipping update every couple of days or so. Then today the website no longer came up on the internet and on the tracking website the "shipper" information had disappeared. Just thought y'all might like to know I threw in the towel on this one. 🙂

• Thanks 3

Thanks for the reminder. I  called my bank on Aug 8 and they said it would be credited back, but it still hasn't AND there is a .58 international transaction fee, so they def. stole my money and have it.   Ugh.

I need to call the bank again tomorrow.

• Sad 1

The bank got all my details and told me it would take 2 banking cycles to show up. At the same time, I emailed the address on my order receipt to cancel the order. This morning, I have an email saying that it has shipped and can't cancel. I replied that their website has disappeared, their shipper information with Track718 is not found and I've submitted a claim with my bank. If I do in fact receive the product I ordered, I will cancel the claim but I doubt that will happen. Please do not worry that you posted the sale link and that I ordered. I knew I was taking a chance when I placed the order and knew I was taking a chance when I didn't immediately cancel before it "shipped". This has been a learning exercise for my kids as we've talked about it and the lesson is better than anything I lose.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My Stanley cup order arrived!!!!!!!! Plastic diamond ring......

The seller approved my charge dispute a couple of weeks ago and the bank finalized the charge reversal. The package continued to move on tracking and arrived at my city's usps yesterday. So I knew something would arrive and was looking forward to seeing what was in the box. I Googled the address and came up with a webpage of people complaining about receiving fake rings they didn't order and having disputed charges on their credit card. So I'm sure this is my Stanley cup order. LOLOLOL

IMG_6522.JPG

• Haha 15

6 hours ago, CTVKath said:

My Stanley cup order arrived!!!!!!!! Plastic diamond ring......

The seller approved my charge dispute a couple of weeks ago and the bank finalized the charge reversal. The package continued to move on tracking and arrived at my city's usps yesterday. So I knew something would arrive and was looking forward to seeing what was in the box. I Googled the address and came up with a webpage of people complaining about receiving fake rings they didn't order and having disputed charges on their credit card. So I'm sure this is my Stanley cup order. LOLOLOL

IMG_6522.JPG

It didn't even come with a straw!

• Haha 5

I just checked the tracking number they sent me, and apparently my package was delivered yesterday to my "mailbox courtyard front door porch."

Sure it was. 

LOL

Apparently I got some sort of invisible item in transparent packaging and that's why I'm not seeing it in my mailbox courtyard front door porch.

I'm so glad I got a refund when this first happened!

4 hours ago, Indigo Blue said:

Tagging you,  @CTVKathcause I really want to know what you think of the ring. 🙃

If that ring actually fit, I would definitely wear it sometimes!!!!! It's a fun little ring. It's a weird material though - not exactly plastic but not exactly metal either. It is way too big though!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, CTVKath said:

If that ring actually fit, I would definitely wear it sometimes!!!!! It's a fun little ring. It's a weird material though - not exactly plastic but not exactly metal either. It is way too big though!

I'm so jealous that you got a priceless diamond ring and I got nothing. 😂

Or maybe it's here somewhere. I just have to figure out how to find my mailbox courtyard front door porch because that's where it was delivered. 😉 

• Haha 6