Menu

I think Inky might be a Labrador retriever - now with picture

Terabith

No matter where we are, she will show up dragging her stick toy.  It’s long and cumbersome and gets stuck in doorways but no matter where in the house we go, there she is carrying her feathers on a stick.  Go to the bathroom?  Come out and the toy is in the doorway.  Get into bed?  Better be room for toy too. 

It is pretty cute. 

IMG_3557.jpeg

Edited by Terabith
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 14

We used to have a pure breed Golden Retriever that wouldn't, not if his life depended on it. He was a great dog, extremely well trained and very motivated to please but he just didn't seem to understand the concept of retrieving. We now have a AST/GSD/Husky mix that will retrieve for hours. Sometimes I feel like my arm will fall off throwing things for her.

• Haha 2

• Terabith changed the title to I think Inky might be a Labrador retriever - now with picture
34 minutes ago, Terabith said:

The feathers on this one are replaceable!  This is the third feather iteration.  

I think we have the same one too. Our cat is so picky that once it no longer flies like it does when it is new he is no longer interested. Put a new feather on it and he's doing flips in the air to catch it. Ours also came with "worms". He no longer is allowed to have those since he views them as consumables.🤢

• Haha 2

We had to ban the feather toy when Ava Max was a kitten because she was *so obsessed*. Somehow we ended up with another one when we got Frisco and ooooohhhh boy do they all love it. In the mornings we'll find it in our bed, on the stairs, down in the basement, in baskets...it goes on a lot of midnight adventures lol. And gets played with all day.

Their favorite toy though is a catnip rainbow (I think you recommended it @Terabith) that I tied to a strip of cloth (the bottom hem of a t shirt I cut off). It's perfect because two cats can play with it at once, one with the cloth and one with the rainbow. Kitty also likes to use the rainbow as a pillow. 😻

• Like 2

Squee!!!!!!!!!!!!!   That picture is absolutely precious!    Just precious!  He is so happy with his stick and seems to be treating it very gently as well (as much as one can tell in a picture).   Oh thank you so much for sharing it!!!   Made my day!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ditto said:

The more you talk about her the more I love her.   She is a doll.

She is very good and very sweet but also a bit nuts.  This is what she’s done to my foot.  

Aslan, on the other hand, is the sweetest cat on the planet.  

IMG_3506.jpeg

• Sad 4

28 minutes ago, Terabith said:

She is very good and very sweet but also a bit nuts.  This is what she’s done to my foot.  

Aslan, on the other hand, is the sweetest cat on the planet.  

IMG_3506.jpeg

Ouch!!!!!!  I gave a sad face response to this pic because it just looks painful.   Such a sweet little face to hide her nutty side!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ditto said:

Ouch!!!!!!  I gave a sad face response to this pic because it just looks painful.   Such a sweet little face to hide her nutty side!

It honestly looks worse than it is.  It doesn't hurt.  I am just the world's worst scarrer.  

8 hours ago, East Coast Sue said:

Inky, meet Melvin. (Trying to add a photo)

Melvin would like to know where you got that wonderful feather stick toy

IMG_2270.jpeg

Oh Melvin, you are adorable!!!  The stick toy is called Da Bird, and it came from Amazon.  

• Like 1