Menu

Has anyone tried these shoes? Pink leather school shoes

Katy

7 hours ago, Shelydon said:

Stride Rite used to carry pink Mary Jane style shoes that my girls liked

I can’t seem to find any right now, at least not in her size. I kind of wonder if they were sold because their website sells other brands now too. 

9 hours ago, Shelydon said:

Stride Rite used to carry pink Mary Jane style shoes that my girls liked

My daughter wore Stride Rite shoes around that age. They are excellent quality which would be important if she is going to wear them to school every day. It's just a matter of whether they currently carry them in pink...

I just had to click on this thread to find out what "school shoes" were. I was envisioning something that matched a school uniform. Mary Jane's are cute, and my mil's name. 

I agree with you - at that age, get the cute ones they want because their friend has them and hope they last until they're outgrown. Then bronze them to remember the good ol' days. ☺️

I don't know anything about those brands, but they are cute!

My daughter wore the exact same white Mary Jane tennis shoe through at least 10 sizes!! They were Buster Browns but unfortunately they have gone out of business. 🥲

Random, but speaking of Stride Rite, I remember getting measured there with one of these back in the day: 

image.jpeg.0382bdc0a65175ba96c69384e5fc82ff.jpeg1,600 × 1,600

Edited by MercyA

19 minutes ago, MercyA said:

Thanks , but no one wants synthetic shoes on this child. She has the STINKIEST little kid feet in history. I think she caught whatever foot funk her uncle caught in Iraq when she wore her cousin’s hand me down boots before I could wash them. 

45 minutes ago, MercyA said:

I don't know anything about those brands, but they are cute!

My daughter wore the exact same white Mary Jane tennis shoe through at least 10 sizes!! They were Buster Browns but unfortunately they have gone out of business. 🥲

Random, but speaking of Stride Rite, I remember getting measured there with one of these back in the day: 

image.jpeg.0382bdc0a65175ba96c69384e5fc82ff.jpeg1,600 × 1,600

We own one of those!  DH picked it up as a free cast-off somewhere.  It's been super useful for sizing growing kid's feet, especially for online footwear purchases.

• Like 2

Oh my goodness, I bought my dd Mary Janes like that when she was little!!! Back then Walmart and Target sold them and they were cheap. I'm kinda stumbling at the thought of $56 a pair. If that wasn't precious for your budget, you wouldn't be asking, seems to me. The problem is the kids grow so fast. I usually bought them on clearance skipping to every 1 ½ sizes up, lol. 

Kind of a pit to fall into, imitating peers. Maybe ask her which is more important, the PINK or the STYLE, then find the shoe that fits your budget that hits at least one of those. It's a dream to hit both, but maybe you can at least get one (pink or mary jane) at your pricepoint. I just wouldn't feel compelled to splurge on both, just me, not if that's dear for your budget. It's just a good learning lesson too, frankly. It's not just what you CAN do but what is sensible. Even having that discussion is instructive to her, no matter how it turns out. 🙂