Menu

ALL THE WEATHER

SquirrellyMama

I usually keep close tabs on the forecast, but I didn’t the other day. Woke up yesterday to a surprising coat of icy snow on my car after Dh had been outside putting a garden bed together until dark.  
It was gone by the end of the day.  
I should be in the clear to patch seed my clover lawn by Monday.

I hate March. (Just not as much as February.)

• Like 1

I realize I have basically become my mother when this made me text my daughter to be like, "you guys are in for some extreme weather today and tonight"... 😁.   She didn't seem too annoyed like I sometimes feel when my mom texts me to ask how much snow we got. 🤣

Meanwhile, it's thunderstorming and chilly right now here but we're also in a winter storm warning because it's supposed to snow overnight tonight. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, kirstenhill said:

I realize I have basically become my mother when this made me text my daughter to be like, "you guys are in for some extreme weather today and tonight"... 😁

lol, I do this to my dd all the time.  She is on campus and walks/uses public transportation everywhere so I feel better warning her about severe weather.  Maybe I should stop.  😅

Edited by Kassia
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle Again said:

Snow tomorrow night, 70 degrees and thunderstorms Saturday, then a high of 40 on Sunday.

I love spring. 😂

Spring is nuts. Last week, we had days with lows in the 30s and highs of 60. Two days later, we had lows in the 60s and a high of 90. I'm dumbstruck by having to suffer through the 90's already. Couldn't the weather be polite and what until a decent August to pull out the 90's days?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kassia said:

lol, I do this to my dd all the time.  She is on campus and walks/uses public transportation everywhere so I feel better warning her about severe weather.  Maybe I should stop.  😅

I do it, too. No plans to stop! lol

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, OH_Homeschooler said:

I've always been weather aware but this is the first time I've actually put together an emergency kit to take down to the basement. I got the kids home from school early. Seeing the towns completely leveled by tornadoes recently really got my attention.

We have a closet in the basement with hard hats and bike helmets. At some point every year I have to go down there and pull out all the accumulated junk so we can all fit during a warning. It's rare that we actually put on the helmets and get in there--not unless we are in the "cone" on the radar. Otherwise we just all hang out in the den down there during warnings. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ellie said:

I'm very annoyed that we didn't get our Winter this year. We had a few days of freezing weather, but that isn't the same thing. Our bluebonnets are blooming all over, and they don't usually bloom until April. Hmph.

So that’s that what happened! Texas’s winter stalled over MN!

if you want winter, drive north. We still have 2 feet of snow in our yard, more where the snow was blown into yards.

More snow  expected tonight and  again middle of next week, so there is plenty of time for you to drive here!
 It’s lovely , really!

🤪🤪😳

Edited by KatieJ
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

Where??

We are under a tornado watch.  It is really warm out now, 60s or 70s.  Snow by midnight.   I decided to not drive out to activities tonight.  

There are evidently so many injuries in Little Rock currently that police cars are being used as ambulances 😞

• Sad 4

23 hours ago, vonfirmath said:

Be weather aware tonight. Tornadoes on the ground already.

We ended up with a tornado in my town. Killed 1 person, a couple more currently in critical care due to a roof collapse during a concert. My dds' friend was there with her father; while she was unhurt, her father broke his femur. 

https://abc7chicago.com/apollo-theatre-roof-collapse-belvidere-theater-il/13063528/

• Sad 10

17 minutes ago, historically accurate said:

We ended up with a tornado in my town. Killed 1 person, a couple more currently in critical care due to a roof collapse during a concert. My dds' friend was there with her father; while she was unhurt, her father broke his femur. 

https://abc7chicago.com/apollo-theatre-roof-collapse-belvidere-theater-il/13063528/

Oh @historically accurate  I am so sorry this happened in your town.  I saw the roof collapse on the morning news.  Did your home have any damage? 

Sending some good thoughts to your town.  

1 hour ago, mommyoffive said:

Oh @historically accurate  I am so sorry this happened in your town.  I saw the roof collapse on the morning news.  Did your home have any damage? 

Sending some good thoughts to your town.  

Thanks for the good thoughts.

Amazingly no damage here (good since we're in a mobile home). It's very, very localized damage - downtown has about 3 square blocks that look bad. A few limbs and trees down further out, then nothing. The library where I work is about 3 blocks down from the Apollo, and it didn't even have limbs down this morning.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, historically accurate said:

Thanks for the good thoughts.

Amazingly no damage here (good since we're in a mobile home). It's very, very localized damage - downtown has about 3 square blocks that look bad. A few limbs and trees down further out, then nothing. The library where I work is about 3 blocks down from the Apollo, and it didn't even have limbs down this morning.

Wow, that is crazy how it hit.  I am glad you guys are ok.  For some reason I thought you were in S. IL.

• Like 1