Menu

I went to the movies for the first time in about three years yesterday.

KidsHappen

Ours are always packed unfortunately, but we have several times. It's nice to get back to movies. Theaters are the one place I won't compromise about a mask though - movie or live theater. You're in an enclosed space with people for too long. It's not like the store or a gathering with friends.

• Like 2

I've gone to the movies a few times with older dd recently.  It's almost always pretty empty, sometimes just us and one other group/couple.  But we tend to go at weird times.  Usually Monday nights.  We're actually going to a 9pm show tonight and I expect it to be empty (looking on the theater website, there have been no presales at all). 

I rarely go to movies - and almost always because 1ds & 2ds dragged us.   we went in sep, the synchronization was off (I didnt notice, but 1ds sure did!) so we had the tickets reissued and went another day.  Both times there weren't that many people.

I’ve gone with my kids a few times and there are never many people. A couple weeks ago there were only four other people in the theatre with us. I like this particular cinema because the aisles are wide and we each get a recliner. Lots of elbow room.

6 hours ago, Granny_Weatherwax said:

What did you see? Did you enjoy it?

We went to see "She Said".  It was kind of slow and not really what I was expecting but it did make you appreciate how long and hard it was for the women to finally get some justice. I did appreciate that Ashley Judd herself was in the movie and I wish some of the other actors were as well although I understand why they may have chose not to. I did get a bit emotional at the end credits when they listed how many women he assaulted over such a long period of time. I think I will go see the next Avatar movie next time.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Farrar said:

Ours are always packed unfortunately, but we have several times. It's nice to get back to movies. Theaters are the one place I won't compromise about a mask though - movie or live theater. You're in an enclosed space with people for too long. It's not like the store or a gathering with friends.

I wonder if anyone’s gotten CO2 data in them…

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Not_a_Number said:

I wonder if anyone’s gotten CO2 data in them…

I’m sure. Looking around the Raven map (the search is a bit rough), I found a live theater. This one has really terrible readings and I expect they vary, with older theaters like this likely to have worse ventilation:

Danforth Music Hall

https://www.ravenapp.org/a/danforth-music-hall

Well, it won’t imbed. Haven’t found a movie theater yet.

eta: found one  6-8 people total in the building and numbers good  https://www.ravenapp.org/a/hot-docs-ted-rogers-cinema

Edited by KSera
  • Like 1

We have been to a number of movies but none were crowded.   Today we saw The Menu. All of us really loved it-it is a dark comedy.  Now we aren't sure the few other people in the theater understood the movie or maybe don't like dark comedies.

We were laughing and both dh and dd1 said that no one else was laughing.

They are only showing it in movie theaters and currently, there is no agreement w/ a streaming service.