Menu

May the force be with you!

19 minutes ago, wintermom said:

May the fourth be with you! 

Has anyone experienced a production of a full orchestra playing while the Star Wars movie is being shown? It seems pretty cool.

No, but that sounds like it would be a ton of fun both to be in the audience and to be in the orchestra pit! 

eta: When I was a very young flutist, I had a copy of the Return of the Jedi soundtrack on cassette. I played “Luke and Leia” (I liked playing along with the flutes at the very beginning) so much that the tape warped! 

Edited by I talk to the trees
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, wintermom said:

Has anyone experienced a production of a full orchestra playing while the Star Wars movie is being shown? It seems pretty cool.

They do that at the schermerhorn from time to time in Nashville and I’ve always wanted to go.

• Like 1

I've never seen the full movie that way, but did attend a John Williams concert where movie clips played behind the pieces, which was really cool. If you have a chance to see "Bugs Bunny on Broadway"-which is an orchestra playing the cartoon soundtrack live in sync with the video, it's pretty awesome, too. 

• Like 3

The quiz is busy, but based on the first couple questions I'm guessing that I am Luke Skywalker. 😉  I definitely don't want to risk being a character from the later movies, because I can't remember them very well. Need to be from the original 3. 😁

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wintermom said:

I've never heard of this either, but it sounds like a lot of fun!  We are huge fans of the film scores of John Williams, and the Star Wars scores in particular.  Every time I hear either the main theme or the Imperial March, I think, "Oh, to be a trombonist when John Williams is being played..."

I also usually think something along the lines of, "I bet he wanted to dare the percussion section to earn their paycheck."

7 hours ago, I talk to the trees said:

eta: When I was a very young flutist, I had a copy of the Return of the Jedi soundtrack on cassette. I played “Luke and Leia” (I liked playing along with the flutes at the very beginning) so much that the tape warped! 

I understand!  In "Luke and Leia", John Williams out-Wagnered Wagner.  That melody is begging for lyrics!

(We spend a lot of time listening to Star Wars soundtracks.  I spend way too much time thinking about these things.)

• Like 3

I had to raid my sons dresser for this shirt to wear to work today.   My students love it when we do stuff like this.

I have to admit though that I have ever only watched one start wars movie …a recent one and I have no idea which one it was.   

D15110E0-91CC-4942-B534-90BE90467DA2.jpeg

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Ottakee said:

I had to raid my sons dresser for this shirt to wear to work today.   My students love it when we do stuff like this.

I have to admit though that I have ever only watched one start wars movie …a recent one and I have no idea which one it was.   

D15110E0-91CC-4942-B534-90BE90467DA2.jpeg

The force is strong with you! You look smashing! 

• Like 2