Menu

Tell me your weird experiences

Mrs Tiggywinkle

I’m just looking for something light to entertain me while I pack up my house to move. Lol.

I’ll go first(I have many but this is the most recent).  I worked last night so took a nap when I got home. While sleeping, I dreamt my estranged sister texted me.  She’s completely estranged from my parents and only contacts her siblings occasionally. It’s been 3 years(I think, it was when the live Lion King movie came out) that I last heard from her.  It was a really nice dream and I woke up happy, because I miss this particular sister a lot.

Not an hour ago, she texted me.  

How about you? Any weird enertaining stories while I throw out—I mean pack up—my kid’s broken toys?

• Like 9

One just now hit me.   Last night I had a very very vivid dream about my XH and the house we lived in when we divorced.  I woke up very annoyed because I hate it when I dream about him....it always bothers me.  I can usually pin point why but this morning couldn't figure it out.

It just now hit me that today is the birthday of a friend of XH and mine from high school.  He was more my friend than XH. He was murdered almost 36 years ago when he was 21.   I am sure now that is why I dreamed about XH.  

Wow. 

Edited by Scarlett
  • Like 4

I have a gift for being able to go on vacation and see people I know.

I once was in line for a ride at LegoLand Billund, in Denmark, and turned around and found friends from Kentucky in line behind me.

I checked into a hostel in Innsbruck, Austria when I was living in Austria and found a friend from my hometown.

I ran into friends at DisneyWorld.

I went on a river dinner cruise here in my current residence and ran into friends from the Midwest, who now live in Atlanta.

I went to church and turned around and people from the Midwest were sitting behind me.

I showed up to a building in Texas and ran into one of dh's old coworkers from the Midwest.

I can probably share a hundred of these stories, and what's really amazing is that 1. I don't know that many people because I am so introverted and 2. I don't go that many places, relatively speaking, compared to other people I know. 

• Like 14

Last week, or the week before, DH and I both had a dream about the same topic, same night.  Nothing earth shattering or "word from God" or anything like that, but it was freaky that we both dreamed the same thing, the same night. 

I know there's at least one time where we bumped into someone we knew, in some place where neither of us was in our home state, but right now I'm blanking on when/where/who that was. I distinctly remember that it happened.....and nothing else about it. 

There are probably more but I'm tired and can't think right now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I have a gift for being able to go on vacation and see people I know.

That happens to my parents on nearly every trip, though sometimes they bump into each other during travel (but not while close to home) vs. at the destination. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pinball said:

***We are connected in ways I don’t think most people can comprehend***

////

What happened with your DD’s ear and the rest of her trip? 

unsolicited advice…pay close attention that the rupture heals and he hearing is not impacted

She’s home now. My sister was able to get her into a pediatric ENT in Tampa which was awesome.  We waited for him to clear her to fly before bringing her home. We’ve got a follow up here so we’re continuing to watch it, but the antibiotics have done great for her. 

I also think we are all more interconnected than we know.

• Like 7

My weird things is that I dream that things are lost, and then wake up frantic and disoriented and it takes me a long time to convince myself that it was just a dream.  

The weird part is that I dream about things I don't have.  Last night I was up probably half an hour worrying about my contacts, and my "only mask".  I was convinced I was going to be fired from my new job, because I couldn't drive to work without being able to see, plus I didn't have a mask to wear when I got there. 

Except I don't wear contacts, or even glasses.

And I have lots of masks.

And I have a husband who can drive, and definitely would have driven me to work, stopping to buy me a mask, if I asked him.  Said husband was in bed next to me during this freak out, so even if I forgot I had other masks and acceptable vision, I really don't know how I forgot I have him.  He's over six feet tall and he kinda snores a little.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

So, Teenage Boy A, let's call him Ace is from State A. Teenage Boy B, call him Bill, is from State B. They are both counselors at Boy Scout Camp in State C.

Ace sees Bill writing a letter & asks him about it. Bill explains he's writing to a friend who's a girl who lives in State D.

Ace replies that he knows exactly two girls who live in State D -- an ex-gf & her college roommate.

Bill shows Ace a picture of the girl. That girl is Ace's ex-gf's college roommate. That was me.

Small world 

• Like 8

I was teaching kindergarten, and during nap time, I was writing a letter to my husband about my frustrations with our infertility struggles. One of my students kept raising his hand. I asked if it was an emergency, if the school was on fire or if he needed to go to the restroom. He said, “No, but it is an emergency.” I told him to quietly get up and come talk to me then. When he got to my desk, he said, “Sometimes it takes a really long time to get a baby.” 

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, Amy Gen said:

I was teaching kindergarten, and during nap time, I was writing a letter to my husband about my frustrations with our infertility struggles. One of my students kept raising his hand. I asked if it was an emergency, if the school was on fire or if he needed to go to the restroom. He said, “No, but it is an emergency.” I told him to quietly get up and come talk to me then. When he got to my desk, he said, “Sometimes it takes a really long time to get a baby.” 

Um, I needed a shocked emoji for this one.  How crazy.

• Like 2

A few months ago, I dreamed my uncle was dying - haven't seen him in years. The next day my mom called & my uncle was in the hospital, not expected to make it. He did pull through, but it was freaky. 

My mom & I often dream about my dad on the same nights. 

• Like 3

I'm high-risk for breast cancer, so if there's anything iffy discovered in a mammogram, my doctor would do an ultrasound.  The last time I had an ultrasound (about 2 years ago), I was very short on sleep since I was packing our house getting ready for a move.  So there I was at the clinic following the ultrasound, lying on a bed in a room waiting for the doctor to come back in the room to tell me her thoughts.  I fell SOUND asleep while waiting.  When I woke up, I had no idea why I was in a hospital bed.  (It was really a clinic, but I thought I was in a hospital.)  I was certain I had been in a car accident, or had a heart attack or who knows what, and it was the strangest feeling.  It took me several minutes to remember why I was really there.  It was such a bizarre experience!

• Like 1