Katy

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Lady Florida. said:

FB_IMG_1722956567891.jpg

Plus, in my house, there is often a bonus second act where someone walks by later and gets oddly concerned about why there is 1 second left. "Was someone cooking something in here? Is there something still in there? Did anybody need me to do something?...."

• Haha 7

On 8/6/2024 at 12:43 AM, Terabith said:

That would be horrible. 

IMG_5875.jpeg

This is horrible. One of the kids in our homeschool group who had graduated went to help with his church youth camp. He drove because he was a day late for some reason I don’t remember anymore. On the way home, he was killed in a car accident. As he was slightly ahead of the bus, the kids, including his siblings, saw the aftermath. 
Fatal accidents involving youth camps aren’t that uncommon. It seems like there’s one or two that make the news every year. I would be furious if I saw this kind of skit done. I hope he was fired and never worked in ministry again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

On 7/30/2024 at 7:54 PM, kbutton said:

image.thumb.png.320814a82819d829d6d1462203422f5f.png

I was expecting rain . . . 

On 7/31/2024 at 10:17 PM, Terabith said:

IMG_5835.jpeg

rats are smart little buggers.  They won't fall into that trap. . . 
(follow Sean Woods for more useful - how to trap a rat - suggestions.)

On 8/1/2024 at 9:24 AM, Terabith said:

IMG_5836.jpeg

they are mean buggers . . 
I believe Canadians when they say they hold secret ceremonies in the woods at midnight and put all their mean feelings into the geese . . . .

On 8/5/2024 at 4:15 PM, Terabith said:

It’s my youngest as a toddler!!!

IMG_5872.jpeg

If he wants to be that way - I'd make darn sure he was getting fertilized eggs . . . .   yes, it's a thing in some places . . . . 

2 hours ago, Terabith said:

IMG_5879.jpeg

My mil . . . when trying to find where she put something, I'd stand in the middle of the room as ask "Where is the *stupidest* place she could have put it?"  and there it would be.

4 hours ago, Terabith said:

I have definitely wondered this and I love ice. 

IMG_5885.jpeg

I can't drink water without ice.  Getting ice is our first step at every hotel once we are in the room. Myself and my kids bring insulated water bottles and use them in the room and fill them before leaving for the day. Most of my 9 also can't drink water without ice.  So yeah it's important to me. 

Edited by busymama7
  • Like 5

On 8/7/2024 at 5:34 PM, gardenmom5 said:

they are mean buggers . . 
I believe Canadians when they say they hold secret ceremonies in the woods at midnight and put all their mean feelings into the geese . . . .

Sadly, those scary mean goose behaviours are limited to the baby gosling season. Otherwise the Canada goose is just a portable pooping machine. I guess our midnight ceremonies aren't all that effective... 😂

Oh, and can't forgot - "Sorry," 

Edited by wintermom
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Drama Llama said:

That could a career for reformed robbers.  You have them enter your home, find things, and sell them to you for a small profit. 

That's pretty much the plot of the most excellent movie Sneakers.  

On 8/7/2024 at 7:39 PM, Terabith said:

I have definitely wondered this and I love ice. 

IMG_5885.jpeg

I always assumed it was to chill the wine bottle. I think I watch too much TV and live in a cold country where we don't really NEED ice to cool off. 😅

On 8/8/2024 at 5:28 PM, wintermom said:

Sadly, those scary mean goose behaviours are limited to the baby gosling season. Otherwise the Canada goose is just a portable pooping machine. I guess our midnight ceremonies aren't all that effective... 😂

Oh, and can't forgot - "Sorry," 

we have had quite the year round population.  the behavior isn't seasonal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Terabith said:

IMG_5905.jpeg

Today's Thing I Didn't Realize My Teen Didn't Know: I had the plastic that holds a six-pack together (from some bottles of juice), and was cutting it open into a single long piece. DS had no idea what it was. (We usually drink tap water.)

I have no idea how many other objects I have failed to show my kid how to identify/use/open.

• Like 2