Menu

Clothing that's as comfy as pajamas?

klmama

I wear leggings and knit dresses, umm...pretty much every day. Sometimes I put on a scarf or a necklace if I want to look super fancy! I buy cheap ones from old navy a lot, but my favorite is the Rowena swing dress from Wool&: https://wooland.com/products/rowena-merino-wool-swing-dress-standard-fit?variant=32122764197958 It's pricey, but it's wool, so it holds up a whole lot better than my cheap old navy stuff. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, kokotg said:

I wear leggings and knit dresses, umm...pretty much every day. Sometimes I put on a scarf or a necklace if I want to look super fancy! I buy cheap ones from old navy a lot, but my favorite is the Rowena swing dress from Wool&: https://wooland.com/products/rowena-merino-wool-swing-dress-standard-fit?variant=32122764197958 It's pricey, but it's wool, so it holds up a whole lot better than my cheap old navy stuff. 

That’s what I do. Cheap leggings and dresses.  I’ve gotten dresses from Old Navy, local thrift stores, and Target. 

For shoes I wear little booties or knee-high boots.

• Like 2

I wear leggings with comfy tops or dresses that cover my behind.  Cardigans work great all year long (I just wear different weights and sleeve lengths), tunics, anything on the long side.  In the summer, I wear capri length leggings with the same tops. 

• Like 1

My "uniform" is black Starfish jeans (which are basically yoga pants with pockets) and a 3/4 sleeve tunic-length tee shirt, both from Lands End.  I have a few pairs of the denim Starfish jeans, too, but the black ones are stretchier and I think they hold their shape better. Lands End has frequent sales, with up to 40% off, so I usually pay $30-35 for the pants and around $20 for the tops.  Great for shlepping around the house or running errands, but I've also worn it to fairly formal meetings (where other people were in suits) with a black Eileen Fisher cardigan, a silk scarf, and nice flats. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Corraleno said:

My "uniform" is black Starfish jeans (which are basically yoga pants with pockets) and a 3/4 sleeve tunic-length tee shirt, both from Lands End.  I have a few pairs of the denim Starfish jeans, too, but the black ones are stretchier and I think they hold their shape better. Lands End has frequent sales, with up to 40% off, so I usually pay $30-35 for the pants and around $20 for the tops.  Great for shlepping around the house or running errands, but I've also worn it to fairly formal meetings (where other people were in suits) with a black Eileen Fisher cardigan, a silk scarf, and nice flats. 

I've bought Eileen Fisher pieces (heavily discounted!) and they are sooo comfortable, and great quality.  All of the fabrics I've tried from the brand  are soft and comfy, except for the linen crepe.

In the summer I wear dresses with these underneath so that my legs don’t rub together:  https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B005I6F0OC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I will wear little slip on shoes with low socks or sandals with my summer dresses.

I find that dresses are very comfortable, either with the leggings in the winter or the culotte slip in the summer.  They don’t have to be dressy dresses.

Edited by Garga
  • Like 1

I am loving Betabrand pants. I would be happy to have five pairs so I could wear them all week long. I love the 7-pocket dress pants yoga pants. They are truly awesome. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jen500 said:

I've bought Eileen Fisher pieces (heavily discounted!) and they are sooo comfortable, and great quality.  All of the fabrics I've tried from the brand  are soft and comfy, except for the linen crepe.

My favorite Eileen Fisher piece is a black tunic-length collarless jacket in a fabric that has a very subtle waffle texture. It looks really structured and perfectly tailored, but the fabric is actually incredibly stretchy and flexible and it does. not. wrinkle. I don't know how they do that! Back in the old days when we could travel, my go-to travel outfit  was that jacket over a Lands End tunic and black Starfish pants. I could literally sleep in that jacket on a 10 hour flight and get off the plane looking like I just got dressed. All of my Eileen Fisher pieces came from the clearance racks at Macy's or Nordstrom, and have been around 70-80% off. And they last for.ev.er.

• Like 3