Menu

Daily Movement - Monday, January 11

purpleowl

Did the nightly walk but the dog caused some drama - failed recall training and chased deer and a fawn got stuck in the fence.  Dh had to get the wire cutters so we could release it.  It’s the first time I’ve ever heard a deer vocalise.  Needless to say dog will be losing off lead privileges for a while.

Edited by Ausmumof3
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3

17 minutes ago, Ausmumof3 said:

Did the nightly walk but the dog caused some drama - failed recall training and chased deer and a fawn got stuck in the fence.  Dh had to get the wire cutters so we could release it.  It’s the first time I’ve ever heard a deer vocalise.  Needless to say dog will be losing off lead privileges for a while.

The "like" is for accomplishing the walk. But I'm sorry about the difficulties with the dog!

• Thanks 1

• Managed only a short walk this morning (2.7K) because I just could not drag myself out of bed early enough to do the full 4K and shower and feed the dog and get out the door in time for a 7:30am PT appointment.
  • Went to PT, which is counting for both my daily PT exercises and today's cardio/extra.

I discussed the stationary bike issue with the PT, who said I am cleared to resume biking as long as I make sure the seat is adjusted correctly, I don't bike on days I am already attending PT sessions and that I "listen to my body" and not overdo.

I'm currently sitting at only about 7,000 steps today, so I plan to take a good, solid walk after work.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Ausmumof3 said:

The sad face is because I can empathize with dog drama. Keep walking! Darn dogs.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

Not much today.  45 minutes Tai Chi/Yoga and didn't hit my step count  It's too cold to head out for a walk (and very very dark in my neighborhood).

45 minutes Tai Chi/yoga is something! It can be hard to get movement in when the weather isn't cooperative.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, purpleowl said:

45 minutes Tai Chi/yoga is something! It can be hard to get movement in when the weather isn't cooperative.

Seriously! Do you know how many people haven't done 45 minutes of exercise in the past week, let alone one day? Or ever? You are lapping those sitting on the couch!

• Like 4

58 minutes of a live DDPY class - this one was mostly balance so didn't get my heart rate up, but it sure humbled me. I'm terrible at balance stuff. Sigh. Oh well, all the more reason to practice it, right?

Also have about 9K steps from putting away christmas stuff, should hit 10K by bed. And I biked a little as well. 

• Like 4

Did my squats and pushups again. They are getting much easier and my soreness is gone. I got my name on the waiting list for a rowing machine. I don't like going to a gym, and I do like something I can do without leaving the house. I don't really like having to use a screen to give me instructions, as in watching a workout for guidance. I enjoy walking, but it is good for my regular "let's get this done" exercise to be something I can do as soon as I get up and without depending on decent weather. In the meantime, I am working toward building back up to a card workout I used to do. I don't have the link at hand right now, but it is a good thorough workout that only takes about 30 minutes. (For ex., all black number cards are squats, all red ones are pushups, then depending on the day, the face cards are other exercises--burpees, bear crawl, there's a day using weights, and so on. Even at my best, I couldn't do a few of the exercises, so I would substitute something else.) I'm so out of shape that it will take awhile for me to build back up.

• Like 3

I did a DDPY live FB class.  I loved the balance work since it’s more like my general yoga practice. It was just what I needed.  Today I woke up and had to go right to my braces to walk this morning. (I wear AFO’s and UCB’s, and use leki trekking poles on bad days to help with my gait.)

• Like 3

13 hours ago, melmichigan said:

I did a DDPY live FB class.  I loved the balance work since it’s more like my general yoga practice. It was just what I needed.  Today I woke up and had to go right to my braces to walk this morning. (I wear AFO’s and UCB’s, and use leki trekking poles on bad days to help with my gait.)

That class was SO humbling to me - balance is my true weakness. I think she's sort of moving to balance on mondays, core on wednesdays, from what I can tell. Then fridays are the "burn" class that just kicks my butt, lol. 

4 hours ago, ktgrok said:

That class was SO humbling to me - balance is my true weakness. I think she's sort of moving to balance on mondays, core on wednesdays, from what I can tell. Then fridays are the "burn" class that just kicks my butt, lol. 

The Friday Burn and Saturday pop up classes are a real challenge.