Menu

20 in 20 for 2020 Day 18

ktgrok

About 2.5-3 tonight at a local county Park....after dark.   Because of covid they decided to turn on the trail lights so people could get out and walk...and even mountain bike after dark.... which is 5:45 here.  The trails are usually only lit in the winter for nighttime cross country skiing.

It was so nice.   We did it last week with headlamps and that was ok....until a torrential downpour hit us.

Tonight was chilly at 45° but it was a fun time to do something we have never done before.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Sorry!

Glad you're OK!

I haven't checked in for several days -- we lost power on Sunday night's storm, and it was out through early Tuesday morning (grrrr), which both knocked out my communications and also put me into a FOUL mood, from which I was unable to rouse myself Monday.  Yesterday and today were freezing grey yuck, but I got in 2 miles on the elliptical both days.

I'm counting days, not miles -- I'm ahead on miles already, but one day in deficit.  I truly hope tomorrow is just a *little* warmer -- it never got above freezing all day today -- so I can pry myself out of the house to walk outdoors as well as elliptical, and catch up.

• Like 4

Good evening!  Glad to hear you’re ok, @Slache, and, @purpleowlI really admire you keeping with arm work!   Goodness, @Pam in CT what a few crazy days you’ve had - you deserve a turnaround!  @OttakeeI have always wanted to cross country ski; neat that you have such nice parks close by, aren’t you in MI?  MI has nice parks!

I have been getting my walks in while traveling with DH on business.  So nice to have continuous pavement to walk on...around a pretty lake, without having to contend with the gravel here!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Ausmumof3 said:

Did my 20 mins

lucky to be on a farm though or I would have had to do laps of the house I guess 

Maybe spread the word locally about some of the better free youtube videos? For your fellow locked down citizens? Walk at Home and Jessica Smith and Popsugar Fitness for adults, and Cosmic Kids Yoga for little ones - Cosmic Kids has a new Yoga Quest with maps and printables!

• Like 2