Menu

Just got my positive

Mrs Tiggywinkle

Blah.  My Covid test finally came back today and it’s positive.  I thought I was past the 10 days since symptoms started, but they want to date the first day as last Wednesday when I lost my smell. Quarantine is only until the 7th, but my family has to quarantine until the 21st.  There is no good way to separate me from my kids because my husband is still able to work, and they can’t take care of themselves for 24 hour shifts when he’s gone.  So they have to quarantine 14 days from the last day of my quarantine.

We’re fine, but send prayers for my kids. 3 weeks of not going anywhere or seeing anyone is torture for them.

• Sad 38

12 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

Sending lots of prayers your way.  Thinking of your kids durring this time.  Movie nights to pass these weeks?  

Movie nights, crafts, I’m trying to focus on gratitude.  I get paid to stay home under quarantine and I get paid to stay home and care for them while they’re under quarantine.  I know it’s not fun but we have much to be thankful for.

the sticking point is going to be DH. He has a contracting business aside from being a paramedic and is really busy with jobs right now.  The health department said he can work as an essential worker but they are checking on what he can do as far as contracting, as he is working alone right now on outdoor jobs.  They seemed to think he could still do some as he’s working on seasonal houses with no one living there and the jobs are things like siding and putting a foundation under one, at least as long as he continues to test negative.Hopefully they come back and still say it’s okay, because those are jobs that he can’t do once the winter weather hits. We’re in New York where that can be any time.  His dad usually works with him but he says he can manage the time sensitive jobs alone.  Otherwise, he’s going to lose thousands of dollars.  He won’t keep deposits in this case because that isn’t fair.

Edited by Mrs Tiggywinkle
  • Sad 4

9 minutes ago, Dreamergal said:

OMG ! Did you not test positive before or am I confusing you with another poster ? 

Sorry about the diagnosis. Prayers sent your way especially for the kids. 

I had antibodies in May/June after being terribly sick in April. I had a negative Covid swab but Covid pneumonia on the chest x Ray. The health department is considering this a reinfection due to those factors.  My local health department is actually very excited about that, lol.

I am not nearly as excited.

Edited by Mrs Tiggywinkle
  • Like 1
  • Sad 16

My sympathies for the positive test and for the stir crazy your family is going to experience. Is it allowed during quarantine to go out for a drive? Is there any place deserted enough for to take the kids to run off steam. Maybe an empty parking lot where they could ride bikes/scooters and make obstacle courses for each other. A field to fly a kite, play soccer or touch football. Abandoned baseball fields to hit some balls. Hugs to you all!

Edited by stephanier.1765

Fortunately we have a large fenced in yard. The weather tomorrow isn’t great but then we have a string of high 60s-low 70s temps.  They say they don’t really want us leaving the house but driving around is okay.  We can do that if we need a change of pace once I’m feeling better.

I also signed them up for a bunch of Outschool classes to try and alleviate missing co-op.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, FuzzyCatz said:

I'm sorry.  I hope you feel empowered to do what you need to do to get through - technology binge, contact free deliveries, etc etc etc.   

How are you symptomatically?  Are you feeling better?

Short of breath on exertion today which is new.  The fatigue is crippling.  Other than that, I don’t feel horrible. Intermittant body aches.

• Sad 11

3 hours ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

I had antibodies in May/June after being terribly sick in April. I had a negative Covid swab but Covid pneumonia on the chest x Ray. The health department is considering this a reinfection due to those factors.  My local health department is actually very excited about that, lol.

Okay, maybe I am just stupid, but I don't get why the health dept is excited by it being a reinfection.  What am I missing?

Praying you recover quickly with no lingering issues (your husband too) and that the kids don't get it.   What a rotten thing to have to endure this nasty virus twice.  Not fair at all.

6 minutes ago, Ditto said:

Okay, maybe I am just stupid, but I don't get why the health dept is excited by it being a reinfection.  What am I missing?

Praying you recover quickly with no lingering issues (your husband too) and that the kids don't get it.   What a rotten thing to have to endure this nasty virus twice.  Not fair at all.

Because the data on whether or not that’s possible is still being collected.  There is so much we don’t know about immunity but it’s starting to look like reinfection 6-9 months later is possible.  

This is definitely a thousand times milder than what I had in April.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

I don't understand why they are excited.....Because your case proves a person can be reinfected?

NM--already answered.

Edited by Scarlett