Menu

Laundry gnomes

Terabith

Everyone else's dryer that I know eats socks.  My dryer gifts us things.  

First, it was a really ugly towel.  It was about four colors and badly knitted, but I assume the laundry gnomes were learning how to knit.  Then there was the mystery hoodie, and then the mystery blue jeans, that actually fit eldest child.  

It's been about a year.  Today, I discovered three pairs of mystery underwear.  All different sizes, none of which are worn by anyone in our house.  

I blame the monolith.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 24
  • Confused 5

Ha!
Once I was hanging a load of laundry that DH had done on the clothesline. As I hung things up, I thought, "were did he get this hooded moose towel?" Later I asked him where it came from. I assumed his mother bought it at Goodwill or something and gave it to the kids. 

He said, "I thought you bought them." I replied, "them? Is there more than one?" He responded, "yeah, there are 2. One had to wait for the next load."

I submit his response as proof that he must know where they came from, though he claims to have no idea. I mean, he knew how many there were!

I can't think of anything else our laundry has gifted us (or eaten, other than tiny kid socks). 

OP, has the monolith undergone recent changes? Maybe it's expressing frustration though your laundry? (It obviously works through your laundry since you have befriended it by taking pictures...)

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, barnwife said:

OP, has the monolith undergone recent changes? Maybe it's expressing frustration though your laundry? (It obviously works through your laundry since you have befriended it by taking pictures...)

The monolith has, sadly, just become a lighthouse and remained so.  

Putin's older brother is a heck of a landscaper, though.  Their yard is gorgeous and puts the rest of the neighborhood to shame.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Terabith said:

The monolith has, sadly, just become a lighthouse and remained so.  

Putin's older brother is a heck of a landscaper, though.  Their yard is gorgeous and puts the rest of the neighborhood to shame.

That's what they *want* you to think. It's the perfect cover!

• Haha 7

2 minutes ago, Terabith said:

Is that what the big blue glass ball is?

It only *looks* like a big blue glass ball... Get closer... closer... closer... and next thing you know your eyes are locked onto it and you see a fire-rimmed eye with a cat pupil demanding to know where the Ring is... 

And maybe that's not a child holding it -- that's Pippin when he snuck the palantir out from under the arm of sleeping Gandalf, so he could sneak a peek...

Edited by Lori D.
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, alisoncooks said:

These mystery laundry threads creep me out so much. I just think of those stories where someone is living secretly in an attic or crawl space, coming out to use the house facilities when the owner is away. (of course, being homeschoolers limits the "away" time, so...I suppose you're safe)

Did you watch Parasite?

Don’t. 

• Like 1