Menu

What are your favorite podcasts?

PinkTulip

I’m looking to get back to my rowing machine after several months off. I usually find a great TV series and only watch it while rowing to make the time go by faster. But now I need to row early in the morning and the TV will wake people, so I need a good podcast that is engaging and interesting to listen to. 

What are your favorites? I’d prefer something educational, uplifting, or motivational and not related to crime or creepy stuff. Thanks all! 

Edited to add: something 30-45 minutes long would be ideal, but the length is not a dealbreaker!

Edited by PinkTulip

34 minutes ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

You also can get a clip for your phone for your rower and watch Netflix etc. on it and listen on your headphones if you run out of podcasts so you don’t wake anyone up! 

I have the clip, but just need earbuds with a longer cord (I have ridiculously small ears so most earbuds are too big and don’t stay put). 

Armchair Expert (Dax Shepherd) was my favorite podcast this year. They’re super long, but I just break them up into chunks. It’s the only celebrity podcast I’ve ever enjoyed. 

Struggling Well- especially the problem solved episodes. This one is a 7/10 for me  there are a few things that annoy me, but I mostly enjoy it  

The Happy Hour w Jamie Ivey. This is the my favorite woman-centered pod. 

Dr. Death. I binged this in one day. Fascinating story. (Oops, this is both crime and creepy)

This American Life, Hidden Brain, Ted Talks, Invisibilia, Revisionist History, The Moth. I enjoy some of these. They put out a lot of content and it’s not all for me, but I do pick and choose when I am looking for something to listen to. 

Edited by sassenach
  • Like 2

In Our Time

In Our Time: History

Radiolab

Freakonomics

Que Pasa Midwest (hokey, nut completely sold on it)

Radio Ambulante (in Spanish)

Stuff You Missed in History

I'm working through the archives on a few of these, so that might make a difference. This week on a car ride, we listened to a few episodes of More Perfect, which is about the Supreme Court.

• Like 2

Watch What Crappens

these 2 hilarious guys recap almost every episode of the reality shows that are on Bravo (so all the Housewives shows, Below Deck, Vaunderpin Rules, Top Chef etc). They do an episode every day and it literally makes me LOL. I even listen to the episodes of shows I don't watch bc the guys are that funny.

• Like 1

Eat My Globe- by Simon Munjumbar (sp?) loved the podcasts about what they are on the Titanic

LeVar Burton Reads- shirt stories, usually with Sci-fi bent

I recently added one called Mythology, but I haven’t had a chance to listen to it. Also Top Chef/Food Network’s Richard Blaise has one called Starving for Attention. I like food stuff 😄

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Elfknitter.# said:

Eat My Globe- by Simon Munjumbar (sp?) loved the podcasts about what they are on the Titanic

LeVar Burton Reads- shirt stories, usually with Sci-fi bent

I recently added one called Mythology, but I haven’t had a chance to listen to it. Also Top Chef/Food Network’s Richard Blaise has one called Starving for Attention. I like food stuff 😄

Thanks for this. I listened to those two this morning while waiting for ds to wake up and go to church. We missed it, but I did "learn while you launder" lol. 

On 12/29/2018 at 11:12 AM, Angie in VA said:

Well, you said no crime or creepy stuff, so that leaves out Cold (about the Susan Powell case in UT).

I  also listen to A Slob Comes Clean. She rambles a bit (she really is my people!) on her podcasts, but I like them and her audiobook(s). 

I really like A Slob Comes Clean too!