Menu

Amazon's Boardgame Sale

BlsdMama

It's today on only selected games.

King of Tokyo is on it as is Kingdomino and a Kingdomino expansion.  San Juan isn't shown here but it's included.
Saboteur 2 for those of you who tried (and loved) Saboteur 1.

https://www.amazon.com/s/browse/ref=gbph_tit_m-8_9957_ad313f0e?node=18031935011&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=370a0235-b88d-46f9-8be9-565ffa4a9957&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-8&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=2241292011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=JJW4RX6JRVYGMV6D28EQ 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, BlsdMama said:

Dominion Intrigue is NOT on this list but it IS on sale.

Just FYI for those interested, Intrigue is no longer a standalone game. It's now an expansion so you need the original Dominion base game to play. We have just the original, and it's a lot of fun. 

20 minutes ago, meena said:

The base game of Saboteur needed to play the Saboteur 2 expansion is on sale at Walmart for $9.99 with free store pickup.

This game was a big hit last year for our family!

18 minutes ago, meena said:

Just FYI for those interested, Intrigue is no longer a standalone game. It's now an expansion so you need the original Dominion base game to play. We have just the original, and it's a lot of fun. 

We were just discussing this!  I think Intrigue is potentially the best addition.  Ours is standalone though (older) - glad you said something before I did!!

17 minutes ago, lmrich said:

Last year my students voted Kingdomino the best game!

How is the expansion pack? 

This I don't know! We picked up Kingdomino last year and like it.  I just ordered the expansion!  Might wanna check Boardgame Geek!

I wish there were more games that played up to six people. So many fun games only play 4, so we either have to leave people out or modify.

I picked up two copies of Exploding Kittens. Either we will put both together so that we can play with a larger group, or I will gift one to someone else.

I also bought Forbidden Island and Dragonwood. I've avoided them up until now (4 player only), but they look so fun that I can't resist. We can play them whenever we have a smaller group.

I hinted strongly that DH should get New York 1901 for me, because it is one third the normal price!!! Also only 4 player, but I love Ticket to Ride, so I'm interested in it.

I also bought two games that are not on the list -- an expansion set for Dixit and Love Letters.

Each of my four kids will get a new game this year. I have often done that before, so our game cupboard is bursting, and I skipped buying games last year. But I can't resist. I would play a game every day if family members were willing (and not so busy).

2 minutes ago, Storygirl said:

I wish there were more games that played up to six people. So many fun games only play 4, so we either have to leave people out or modify.

I picked up two copies of Exploding Kittens. Either we will put both together so that we can play with a larger group, or I will gift one to someone else.

I also bought Forbidden Island and Dragonwood. I've avoided them up until now (4 player only), but they look so fun that I can't resist. We can play them whenever we have a smaller group.

I hinted strongly that DH should get New York 1901 for me, because it is one third the normal price!!! Also only 4 player, but I love Ticket to Ride, so I'm interested in it.

I also bought two games that are not on the list -- an expansion set for Dixit and Love Letters.

Each of my four kids will get a new game this year. I have often done that before, so our game cupboard is bursting, and I skipped buying games last year. But I can't resist. I would play a game every day if family members were willing (and not so busy).

You know, four player games aren't so bad as long as they aren't terribly long.  For example - Agricola really is best as a four person game.  Do I feel guilty? Yes, yes I do.  Because by the time we're done with it, I don't feel like a second game with left out kids.

But games like Forbidden Island or Dragonwood?  No worries! They are pretty short - so two games is doable.  They also aren't terribly complext so the kids will play without DH and me! Win!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Storygirl said:

Kindomino if combined with the Queen expansion (both on sale) play up to 8.

Andor looks fun and there is a 14.99 expansion to move it to 6.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Storygirl said:

Thank you for the fourth order I placed today.
DH doesn't ADORE games, but he LOVES Ticket to Ride.  I didn't realize they were similar - this will be fun for him and maybe I won't have to play TTR 3-4 times/month.  LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, BlsdMama said:

Thank you for the fourth order I placed today.
DH doesn't ADORE games, but he LOVES Ticket to Ride.  I didn't realize they were similar - this will be fun for him and maybe I won't have to play TTR 3-4 times/month.  LOL.

I am thinking about getting it even though it is only 4 player.  Sometimes we only have 4 playing, even though there are 6 of us and I love Ticket to Ride.  Gosh, Amazon is going to hate me because I have already made like 6 orders today for various things.

• Like 1

I'm wasn't really in the market for any new games because I'm still getting dh to play the ones he gave me for Christmas last year.  @BlsdMama my dh doesn't adore games either. He mostly plays because he knows how much I enjoy it. He doesn't hate playing, just doesn't love it like I do. I might have to look into Ticket to Ride and New York 1901.

I did pass the info along to some game loving friends, so this thread was helpful even if I don't end up getting anything.

Ya'll, I ordered too much.  

Legends of Andor and Expansion

Kingdomino and Queendomino

NY 1901

King of Tokyo

Sheriff of Nottingham and expansion

Saboteur and expansion

I have already bought and wrapped from Black Friday sales...

Splendor and Expansion 

Smallworld

Carcassonne Big Box set

The good news, I got everything for such a good price, right? This should ease my mind? I am thinking this will not all be Christmas. Maybe some of it will be just for fun, Christmas break treat for DD's birthday or something.

I will go hide now.  I am officially on a Christmas spending freeze. Agh

Edited by Attolia
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Storygirl said:

I hear you. Here’s what we like for 6 people:

- King of Tokyo

- Telestrations

- Snake Oil

- Castle Panic

- Tenzi

- One Night Ultimate... (we have Vampire and Alien)

- Timeline

- Evolution

- Dixit

- 7 Wonders

- Betrayal at the House on the Hill

- Kingdomino plus Queendomino

- Dominion plus a second base game (not expansion) plays up to six

- Catan with expansion

Agricola expansion, Sagrada expansion, Exploding Kittens with 2 decks... There are more. I too wish more base games were designed for up to six, because even some that are expanded don’t scale well and the p,any isn’t as enjoyable.  

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Targhee said:

I hear you. Here’s what we like for 6 people:

- King of Tokyo

- Telestrations

- Snake Oil

- Castle Panic

- Tenzi

- One Night Ultimate... (we have Vampire and Alien)

- Timeline

- Evolution

- Dixit

- 7 Wonders

- Betrayal at the House on the Hill

- Kingdomino plus Queendomino

- Dominion plus a second base game (not expansion) plays up to six

- Catan with expansion

Agricola expansion, Sagrada expansion, Exploding Kittens with 2 decks... There are more. I too wish more base games were designed for up to six, because even some that are expanded don’t scale well and the p,any isn’t as enjoyable.  

That's awesome!! Thank you! We own a couple of those already, and I will keep this list for the future.

We own Catan, but something happened when we tried to play it. I think it was complicated, and we decided DH and I needed to just play it first, so that we could learn it before we teach it. And then we didn't ever do it. But the kids think some pieces are missing? I don't know. I have to look at it again.

1 minute ago, school17777 said:

How do you get to the daily deals in Amazon?  When I click on the banner, it doesn’t bring up anything.

Click on "12 Days of Deals." One of the deals is a list of games. I clicked on "see details" under the first picture of a game (that picture is just advertising the deal and is not a link to that particular game), and it came up with the whole list of sale items. Hope that helps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Attolia said:

Ya'll, I ordered too much.  

Legends of Andor and Expansion

Kingdomino and Queendomino

NY 1901

King of Tokyo

Sheriff of Nottingham and expansion

Saboteur and expansion

I have already bought and wrapped from Black Friday sales...

Splendor and Expansion 

Smallworld

Carcassonne Big Box set

The good news, I got everything for such a good price, right? This should ease my mind? I am thinking this will not all be Christmas. Maybe some of it will be just for fun, Christmas break treat for DD's birthday or something.

I will go hide now.  I am officially on a Christmas spending freeze. Agh

OOh!  But you got such GOOD ones.  Carcassone is my very favorite game as a two-player - so much so that DH will now only play it when he feels sorry for me.  LOL!  
Saboteur is FANTASTIC - truly probably a tie for our best buy last year with Dragonwood. The kids will love KoT.  It is a heavy favorite here with King of New York.  I don't LOVE this one but my kids will volunteer to play it ANY time, which I can't say for all games.  

1 hour ago, Lady Florida. said:

I'm wasn't really in the market for any new games because I'm still getting dh to play the ones he gave me for Christmas last year.  @BlsdMama my dh doesn't adore games either. He mostly plays because he knows how much I enjoy it. He doesn't hate playing, just doesn't love it like I do. I might have to look into Ticket to Ride and New York 1901.

I did pass the info along to some game loving friends, so this thread was helpful even if I don't end up getting anything.

So he REALLY likes the games he likes, but we have very different tastes.  His clear favorite is Ticket to Ride. Two player game is Duel - and I can't complain because he plays it with me almost daily.  We've played it about 250 times since we bought it last December, lol.  (We keep track.  Potentially this is at an unhealthy level of competition.)  His next is probably Catan with Cities and Knights or Agricola. I see your only course of action as try more games.  LOL!

FYI:  UPDATE!!!!

They are adding more games to the sale throughout the day.  I thought this previously, but now I am ABSOLUTELY sure.  Tokaido was NOT on the list early this AM.  I would have noticed that and now it is. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Storygirl said:

Click on "12 Days of Deals." One of the deals is a list of games. I clicked on "see details" under the first picture of a game (that picture is just advertising the deal and is not a link to that particular game), and it came up with the whole list of sale items. Hope that helps.

This is what I get when I click on the 12 days of deals, and nothing is clickable.  

CA407D47-DCF7-4593-B3EF-57C2E9794D84.png

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Storygirl said:

That's awesome!! Thank you! We own a couple of those already, and I will keep this list for the future.

We own Catan, but something happened when we tried to play it. I think it was complicated, and we decided DH and I needed to just play it first, so that we could learn it before we teach it. And then we didn't ever do it. But the kids think some pieces are missing? I don't know. I have to look at it again.

Watching “How to play ___” videos is helpful. There are many out there for just about every game you can buy. Have fun!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Storygirl said:

I wish there were more games that played up to six people.

Two games I'd recommend for six players:

for age 8 or so and up: Bananagrams

for about twelve (or savvy ten) year olds and up: Wise and Otherwise

Two more games that I recommend (once again for about age twelve and up): 

The Game of THINGS…

The Game of Things... Expansion/Travel Pack  (this is very reasonably priced and you do not need The Game of Things itself to play)

Regards,
Kareni

• Like 1

Picked up Biblios and Tokaido. Skipped on a new copy of King of Tokyo - we did recently replace King of New York, and those two games go on sale frequently. Missed the sale for the Sheriff of Nottingham expansion 😞

Justified it all by telling myself that if I'm bound to suffer a critical will failure eventually  I might as well get it out of the way at a lower financial hit.

Pro tip, though: A lot of times, these games are a heck of a lot cheaper off of the Geekmarket at Boardgamegeek. Check there first, so long as you don't mind them slightly used.

• Like 1

*reads other comments*

Carcassonne is great, though I wish the big box came with River II. But listen, the first few times, PLAY WITHOUT FARMERS. Scoring those can be unintuitive and the strategy behind them tricky. Also, play without any expansions other than the river the first time around, then add in Traders and Builders and Inns and Cathedrals once you get the hang of it. Those two expansions are, in my mind, non-optional after the beginner period.

• Like 1

Scored gifts for future son-in-law - Oldesf DD sent me a list of games he might like.  He is very hard to buy for because he LOVES board games, but usually just buys the ones he wants.  I was able to get TWO of the games on his list for less that the price of just one.  Yay!!!!

• Like 2