Menu

Lotto Fantasy

Murphy101

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Danae said:

I would buy a new pair of slippers with 2" thick squishy soles every month so I always have slippers with soles at maximum squishiness. Maybe every week.

This reminds me of an Oprah episode I watched years ago. They were talking about how often you should clean X. The guest was saying at least weekly for sheets, and Oprah piped in with, "I get clean sheets nightly because I just love the freshness." The guest responded with, "Yeah, but most of your audience is washing their own sheets, so weekly is good." Her face was priceless because she looked stunned that she hadn't thought that she's not washing or making her own bed, but that's how "normal folk" do it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I wouldn't tell anyone, since we don't have to in my state. I would suddenly get a job as CEO of a new foundation funded by "anonymous" donors. My foundation would use the money as an endowment and take grant applications for the earnings. I would spent the rest of my life reading grant applications and funding worthy projects. I'd get paid enough to live a decent life, pay off debt, and travel (probably meeting with grant applicants), but I don't need to be rich.

I bought my ticket at a bodega that has homeless people living around it. They scrape up what they can get to buy lottery tickets and hope. I'd love it if I could make that type of life non-existent, at least in my little part of the world.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beckyjo said:

This reminds me of an Oprah episode I watched years ago. They were talking about how often you should clean X. The guest was saying at least weekly for sheets, and Oprah piped in with, "I get clean sheets nightly because I just love the freshness." The guest responded with, "Yeah, but most of your audience is washing their own sheets, so weekly is good." Her face was priceless because she looked stunned that she hadn't thought that she's not washing or making her own bed, but that's how "normal folk" do it.

Wow, just wow.  I could have fresh sheets every night and someone else would do the laundry.  I could have this done for every room at Hogwarts ?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Oh, no.  Now I'm thinking about all of the weird things about me that my staff would need to know! Like, a fancy duvet would only be for show. I NEED a cheap fleecy blankie to wrap myself up in, separate from dh's fleece electric blanket.  I don't get *under sheets, just on top of them. And I collect fuzzy socks at the end of my bed so that I can easily find them if I change my mind in the middle of the night.

That's it; no touching my bed!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WendyAndMilo said:

I decided to change a clients sheets one time - they had gone on vacation and I thought fresh sheets would be nice to come home to so I found them and washed the old ones.  Anyways, she had an electric foot blanket tucked in her sheets that I put back with the new sheets and when she realized what I had done, she was like "Wow, now you know way too much about me!" But to me, it's like, whatever, I need to make sure the cord gets into the side of the bed and the blanket is turned this way, not that way...it doesn't even register that this is something that is private.  (And then she realized how nice it was not to have to change her own bed, so I do it every time now ?

So if I win I need to pay someone like you big bucks to change my fluffy blankets without judgement ?❤️ 

I know people like to stay anonymous, and I would too, but I enjoyed looking at the photos of happy people on the lottery's website. It's so nice to see all kinds of different people with their happy faces. There's a surprising number from areas near where we live too and I had no idea. 

On 10/22/2018 at 9:49 PM, happysmileylady said:

Actually...........

A few weeks ago, I caught an episode of The Price Is Right, which was part of "Big Money Week"

This lady won $200k in her pricing game.  And I just wondered...not what would be done with $200M.....but what could ACTUALLY be done with a win of $200K.  Thankfully, there was no cash option "deduction" so all you have to pay is taxes.  So that would be like $100k after taxes.

What could a person REALLY do with $100k.  In most places that's not even enough to pay cash for a house.  So what's the REAL plan for a win like that.

I think for us, we would just walk right up the babysteps.  Finish paying off the debt.  Set aside a fully funded emergency fund.  And then, use the rest to fund a down payment on a 15yr fixed mortgage.............And if we could.....it would be on the house we are renting right now.  And that would bring us right to paying off the mortgage and maxing retirement.

My husband's student loans are over 100K, so we'd pay that off. That alone would be life changing, as it is basically a second mortgage payment each month. 

17 minutes ago, texasmom33 said:

Sounds like someone in South Carolina just won themselves some fresh fluffy blankets, a Tilt-A While and a BatCave! One ticket took it all. Hope its someone here. And hope you invite us all to come visit. ?

I can't believe one person got it all.  With that many people participating I was sure it would spread around to several people.  Congrats to whoever it was and I hope they stay safe and anonymous.  I really loved the idea of starting a business.  

Edited by PrincessMommy

3 hours ago, PrincessMommy said:

I can't believe one person got it all.  With that many people participating I was sure it would spread around to several people.  Congrats to whoever it was and I hope they stay safe and anonymous.  I really loved the idea of starting a business.  

I can't believe it either.  I wish a ton of people would win. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mommyoffive said:

I can't believe it either.  I wish a ton of people would win. 

1 hour ago, Plum Crazy said:

I'm glad they won in a state where they can remain anonymous. They can always choose to go public once they are financially insulated or they can continue to go on with their life as anonymous as possible. 

With as many people playing as they did and still only one winner, it just goes to show how difficult they've made winning. 

I feel like this also - it shows how statistically close to impossible it is.  Everyone in a lottery frenzy, people buying tons of tickets and still no winner on Friday and one winner now?  It shows how stupid it is to "invest" in this manner.

On 10/23/2018 at 8:50 AM, Attolia said:

Actually, ya'll, I just had an epiphany!!!!  I could surely re-create Hogwarts with this money, right?  ?

Well, not the rotating staircases, but it would still be awesome. 

On 10/23/2018 at 10:06 AM, beckyjo said:

Her face was priceless because she looked stunned that she hadn't thought that she's not washing or making her own bed, but that's how "normal folk" do it.

And Oprah grew up poor, that just shows how quickly one can forget the little details. 

We would have even more pets. dd could get the goats she's always wanted. I'd buy another house down the street and our home office there, along with storage items, book overflow, and a guest bed. That would give us room in this house for a cat room and a sugar glider room, lol. 

Some great luxuries and vacations for my parents. 

Disney World. Not that we haven't done it plenty of times, but I'd stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge and go for so long that we could just do half-days at the parks (we like mornings best). 

I'd put a few charities on autopilot with donations, for world hunger and immunizations and whatnot. I'd be more involved with animal rescue and sanctuary and at-risk youth programs. 

College fund for DD and my nieces. 

DH quits his frustrating job and goes back to grad school-or something else interesting to him.

Donate heavily to lots of deserving organizations.

Do a bunch of home renovations and new furniture. Or maybe a new house, with a frog pond. 

Set up a music studio and offer very low cost/free classes to the community, pay college/grad students to teach (except for a couple of classes for fun) and pay an administrative and maintenance staff so I can just teach what I want to teach. 

Hire a driver for DD.