Menu

What to do with beef stew meat....other than stew / chili / etc?

frugalmamatx

I've a big pack of beef stew meat that needs used. No idea what to do with it - I was thinking stew, but it's warmed up and I don't feel like stew / chili / soup. It's decently big chunks, and a big pack so would probably be several meals once I prep and portion, so whatever I do needs to reheat well. 

Any ideas?

28 minutes ago, 6packofun said:

I get a pouch of Korean BBQ type sauce and throw it in the crockpot.  Eat over rice with a side veggie.

This. I get a beef bulgolgi / Korean BBQ simmer sauce. I serve it over rice with broccoli. Yum!

Two other things I do with stew beef:

I dump it in the crock pot with cream of mushroom soup, beef broth, and onion soup mix and cook on low for 2 hours.  Then I dump the beef and gravy over mashed potatoes.

Sometimes, I put the stew beef in a casserole dish with a bit of broth, onions, carrots, cut potatoes, and celery and cook in the oven.

Don't do what I did! The very first meal I cooked when I got my own apartment was a dinner for my boyfriend. I didn't know what to do with that stew meat so I breaded it and baked it. He was gallant trying hard to eat it and it was terrible! I sat at the table and sobbed. He did most of the cooking after that. :)

• Haha 1