Menu

My thoughts a few months after cutting off all my hair

ktgrok

It was one of the best decisions I ever made! Seriously, I would put in that category my decision to divorce my ex-husband, my decision to marry my current husband, and this haircut. It has been literally life-changing. My confidence is so much higher knowing that I look put together each day. It takes approximately two minutes to blow dry and approximately 20 seconds to flat iron. It looks good for 2 to 3 days after doing that. No more messy bun, no more messy ponytail. And my husband, who generally does love longer hair, has gotten used to it and likes it too. Even my mother, he was very skeptical about me cutting it, has commented on how nice it looks. Thank you to everyone who encourage me to do it! The hive rocks!2f585536edeeeed6f43f2509834d64fc.jpg

Edited by ktgrok
  • Like 44

I was just thinking the same thing this weekend. I went to a party with family and others yesterday and got at least 4 compliments on my hair. It's so easy to care for! I just wash and go. I finger comb it. I never wake up with bed head. I wash my hair maybe every 4 or 5 days. This is the easiest cut I've ever had in my life.

• Like 2

I cut mine off in August and like you, it was among one of the best decisions I have ever made. I’ve had short hair before, but never loved it because it either made me feel too masculine or the haircut required too much maintenance. This time dh had to nudge me a little because I was indecisive - not in then I genuinely do not know what to do sense, but in the “my perfectionism has gotten me stuck in an endless circle of maybe I should’s and let’s weigh out all the options.†Having been with me of near 20 years he’s become particularly adept at noticing when the endless circle has commenced, lol.

So I’m right there with you! No ponytails. No ponytail for my ponytail to keep the hair off my neck. No breaking hair elastics because of all this thick heavy hair. No pre-stretching hair elastics to find one that isn’t too stretchy. Plus, like you said, I look put together with way less effort.

I have Night Elf to thank because she’s the one who posted about her haircut and gave me the courage to do something new!

• Like 2

I chopped mine off again. (in december).  it had been creeping past my waist in july.   got tired of the messy bun - mostly it was the dread at the thought of combing it out after a shower.   I also had stopped coloring it - and i HATED the *texture* of what was colored compared to my own hair.  (it also made it harder to comb out.)

so, it's very short - I don't dread washing it, and it dries fast.  and I can fluff it with my fingers. (It would still be damp 24 hours later when it was long.)

I''m also noticing - I'm developing curl.  it used to be completely straight and would hardly take a spiral perm.

It is cute on you. Glad you like it.

I will probably never have short hair, but I have worked hard on reducing the amount of time I spend on it. I wash it on Monday nights, Thursday nights and sat nights. I go to bed with it wet. I spend less than 15 min the next morning straightening it.

I do spend a fair amount of time in a pony tail. Lol

Y'all look so cute in short hair.

I grew up with hair cuts like that, but I don't look good in them. The added negative for me is that I'd have to go get it cut more often. It is so much easier to get it cut twice a year.

That said, I'd love to not have the hair on my neck feel or the heaviness when it is pulled back & up. Whenever I feel like it is just too heavy, it means I need to go get it trimmed. Guess it is time for a trim...

I had short hair, but it’s thin and baby fine and took me longer to style than shoulder length hair and I had to use a boatload of product or it would lie stuck to my head in the most unflattering way.

But I’m glad you love your short hair! I’m jealous!

• Like 1

I had short hair, but it’s thin and baby fine and took me longer to style than shoulder length hair and I had to use a boatload of product or it would lie stuck to my head in the most unflattering way.

But I’m glad you love your short hair! I’m jealous!

I'm in the same boat with hair so fine that my hairstylist comments on it every time she works on it. It lies flat regardless of how much product gets put in it. Nothing sticks. Add a really square face and the forehead of a horse to that hair and really short won't look good. But I have a shaggy layered cut that falls just at my shoulders and I like it a lot. It's Beethoven wild much of the time and fits my personality really well. 

So awesome to find a hair cut that works, isn't it?

• Like 3