Menu

I have been diagnosed with flu...

bettyandbob

I finally get to sleep a bit today. I spent much of the last two days, figuring out plans for my responsibilities at work to be covered.

Anyway, I need to gripe. I'm sick and weak. Those blister pill packs are hard to open. I'm taking tamiflu and some otc stuff. I had to get a knife to open the packs.

OK back to sleep.

Hope it is a mild case and you rebound quickly...but not too quickly. As in give yourself time to recover (ah, the temptation to return to SuperMom mode once we feel on the mend) lest you suffer a relapse. 

Sending Kleenex/Tylenol/chicken soup and Popsicle thoughts your way.  

• Like 4

I have a pair of nail clippers in the bathroom that I use to open those blister packs.  Usually there is a crease or corner where it is supposed to open but never does.  One little clip there usually makes it so I can get it open even with my elderly, arthritic hands.

I am sorry you have the flu.  I hope you can get some sleep & feel better soon.

Amber in SJ

Thanks for the kind thoughts.

Better today. Mostly weak. Haven't taken any OTC stuff today. No fever. I was miserable a couple of days ago.

I have a long work related training tomorrow. I'll make a decision in the morning about attending. If I go I'll sit in the back and stay away from people. I'm not sure though. Right now I'm exhausted walking across the room.

Dh and younger ds got the vaccine in December. I got it in October. Dh thinks the vaccine was reformulated before he got it. So far dh and younger ds are not ill. My other dc are away at school.

This is my first experience with tamiflu and I'd say it really works.

I’m so glad to hear you’re on the mend! I think you should stay home tomorrow, though. Give yourself a bit longer to recover!

Also, if you go out while your resistance is this low, you might end up getting sick all over again.

I hope you keep feeling better and better every day!

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind thoughts.

Better today. Mostly weak. Haven't taken any OTC stuff today. No fever. I was miserable a couple of days ago.

I have a long work related training tomorrow. I'll make a decision in the morning about attending. If I go I'll sit in the back and stay away from people. I'm not sure though. Right now I'm exhausted walking across the room.

Dh and younger ds got the vaccine in December. I got it in October. Dh thinks the vaccine was reformulated before he got it. So far dh and younger ds are not ill. My other dc are away at school.

This is my first experience with tamiflu and I'd say it really works.

Stay home one more day; be kind to yourself and your coworkers ;)