Menu

Interview Thursday - Update!

G5052

Good interview today. Frankly I wasn't surprised by any of the questions. They gave me a handout with the questions, and then we worked through them. I think that I had good answers for all of them. They didn't want to say anything about the other candidates or how many there were, but did note that I am the only professor that applied. This is for an administrative position in online instructional design, helping professors. I'll be developing and leading seminars for online faculty and giving online and face-to-face sessions when they roll out a new course management system later this year.

• Like 22

Hopefully they'll make a decision late next week. The V.P. with final say is out until then.

Then HR, which could take awhile. I didn't give a lot of detail, but said I'd like to start as soon as possible if I'm chosen, no later than July 1.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing yet. One of the bricks-and-mortar campuses had a horrific water leak and lost an entire building of classrooms, so I was told that the instructional design staff was busy helping professors set up electronic classrooms and fill in their course sites. The person I talked to said that they had made a decision, but hadn't presented it yet to the next level. 

They said to call again early next week.

• Like 1

AAAAAARGH!!! The waiting must be awful!!!

I thought for sure you would have heard something by now.

Hoping and praying that no news will end up being good news!

Yes it is. I'm a single parent, and I need this on so many fronts.

Psychologically it would be a huge boost to me right now.

• Like 2

Well, somewhat good, but this may stretch out.

I'm still in the running, but HR made them reopen it because they didn't interview enough people. They said to contact them in two weeks.

We have to get out of the house in the next few months because it's going on the market. Yes, I know we could stay, but there some significant reasons why we just need to get our own place.

So I'm struggling, indeed.

• Like 1