Menu

Who has a white Christmas?

Liz CA

Anchorage, Alaska...barely any on the ground at our house. We had a 'pineapple express' blow through a few weeks ago and it melted almost everything. Since then, we've had one little snow that left a few inches.  It's pretty sad that we can see bare ground under trees. :unsure:

• Like 1

We would if we were home (Northern IL), but we're in mid-FL right now. The kids are actually in the pool right now.

My cousins live in middle FL. Their Christmas pictures had them wearing coats. I don't think I would be in the pool. :)

Edited by Zinnia

My cousins live in middle FL. Their Christmas pictures had them wearing coats. I don't think I would be in the pool. :)

The week before I came down was cold(er); I was afraid we wouldn't be able to swim, but the weather changed right as we came down. My mom who was in FL during that week said she saw people wearing fur-lined boots and vests. It's been pushing 78-80 every day this past week though. Christmas day was a little on the chilly side with only 75 as high (I put on socks with my short-sleeved dress - very stylish  :rofl: ).

The pool is heated to about 87 degrees, so it's like a big bathtub.  :thumbup1:  I did make the kids wear swim caps so they wouldn't be in the cooler air with sopping wet hair, but I just don't go under and it's all good. 

We're hardy stock with Northern blood; our Christmas Eve picture on Facebook had the kids in the pool with Santa hats on.  :smilielol5:

• Like 3

I am in northwestern Pa.  We have had a record breaking snowfall of 50" in 30 hours, and it is still coming down.  Yes, you read that correctly, 50 inches.  State of emergency has been declared and we are all buried in our homes under piles of snow!  So, yes, we had a white Christmas...and then some!  LOL.  

• Like 1