Menu

Toddler Underwear That Lasts?

Amy in NH

A fb friend was complaining that she bought her toddler a first set of undies at Wal-Mart, and the elastic waistbands all came loose after only a week. Some other posters commiserated about similar problems with clothing purchased at other stores. Anyone have a current recommendation for better quality children's clothes?

We've never had trouble with any brand of girl underwear but boy underwear is constructed differently. Hanna Andersson is the best. It doesn't have exposed elastic at the waistband. My son loved them when he was little. My youngest daughter passionately loves Hanna Andersson underwear.

• Like 3

Luna has a few sets of these. https://www.amazon.com/Babyfriend-Washable-Training-Underwear-TP5-001/dp/B014SL7INI/ref=sr_1_5_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1499694295&sr=8-5&keywords=training+pants

They come in tiny sizes, are super cute, for well, and have held up great. She wears them outside in the desert and they can handle that abuse.

They have no padding. The inside is Terry cloth. They are not plasticky or crinkly. They are pretty gender neutral, but there are more boyish sets, with a frog, boat, police car, etc.

They are comfy, cute, and really affordable. Luna is small and wears a 90. I think they go up to 120, which is around a 3t, I think.

Edited by desertstrawberry5

Hanna Andersson lasts for years and years and years. Encased elastic, flat seams. In fact, my 16 year old refuses to wear anything else. She's in the xl girls size and needs to move up soon. I joyfully discovered last night that they are starting to make women's sizes. Yay!

What?? Yay! Oh my girls will be so happy. Do you how hard it was to find anything they liked after they outgrew HA? This made my day. I have always did they needed adult sizes!

In my experience walmart brand underwear (Geranimals for toddlers) is basically throwing money in the garbage.

Hanes for toddlers is a few dollars more for a package and lasts pretty well on my big beefy active 3 yo.

• Like 1

I usually buy Fruit of the Loom or some other similar brand- not Garanimals- and have never had a problem. My DD will be 10 and is super tiny and I just now removed from her closet some of the underwear I bought her when she first switched out of diapers- 2ts and 3ts. Many of those were hand me downs from her older sisters. The elastics were fine.