Menu

Fidget spinners

meena

My sons have both asked for triangle-shaped fidget spinners after seeing friends who have them. They asked their friends where they got them and all said Amazon. The problem is that many, many sellers have jumped on the bandwagon, selling knockoffs that take a month to ship to the US and/or are poor quality. Does anyone have suggestions for specific versions and sellers who are offering better spinners? I don't necessarily want to buy from Amazon, but I do have a Prime trial that's expiring soon so I want to jump on the free shipping while I can if need be.

We just bought one! But I don't have a review yet. I just went with one that had a set of decent reviews.

Will you review it here when you have a chance?

We just got a fidget cube.  We'd seen a kickstarter for it a while back, thought "hmm" and then mostly forgot about it.  Then we saw it available for sale and ordered it.  One thing I remember from the kickstarter campaign (or at least think I remember) is that it was supposed to be silent.  But this thing is mostly not silent.  Since we wanted it for one of our kids who fidgets in church, silence is kind of necessary.

Maybe the spinners are silent?

Edited by marbel
  • Like 2

We just bought one! But I don't have a review yet. I just went with one that had a set of decent reviews.

Yes, please review here when you find the chance because I would like to buy one too (I read that a lot of them are noisy, which is a concern).

• Like 1

One of our kiddos just gave us a fidget cube.  I am still trying to discern exactly what prompted that particular decision.   :lol:

We must be old because neither one of us really 'get' it.    :confused1:

That said, ours does indeed making a clicking sound when in use.

• Like 1

I've recently been browsing for fidget items for myself. I'd like to try a cube, but it seems like they're all knock offs that don't get very good reviews?

I don't really understand the spinners. I'm sure fidget items are very personal, but I think something constantly spinning would make me more anxious. If someone were doing it around me I'd probably have to fight the urge to rip it out of their hand and throw it across the room. But from the number of choices on Amazon they sure seem very popular. So maybe I really am missing something??

I have this on order. Not sure whether I'll like it or not, but it appealed to me.

• Like 3

PSA: Do not try and teach your teenager the debate style pen twirl trick in lieu of buying a spinner. Flying pens are really distracting and sometimes dangerous! :) I'd take clicking over pen flinging at this point. I think she needs more practice. 

Ours just arrived today - yeah, it took about a month to ship.

We got this one. I don't know how exactly I decided on that one, but DS did a lot of research & I mainly listened to him. DS loves it.

We also got this. It shipped quickly so we've had it for several weeks. DS loves it, too. Some of the sides make minimal noise, like a clicking pen, other sides are silent.

We also ordered this but it hasn't come yet.

I work at a home for kids with behavior issues, we use them here. My amazing boss has also made and sold some. If you want, I can share a link to his Instagram, and you can check them out, very well made. PM me if you want his info. Erika

Edited by eloise24
  • Like 1

After reading this thread I was looking at fidget cubes and spinners. DS walked in, watched a video with me, and I asked him if he'd like on. His face lit up! Usually when I ask if he'd like something, I get at most a "Yeah, that would be okay," which translated into DS-ese means "yes, please!" So his big reaction was unexpected (and had me immediately hitting the "buy" button). I'm excited!

• Like 1

Thank you for all the suggestions and feedback.

I'm expecting that if we get one of these that it'll drive me crazy. But it can't be any worse than all pen clicking, broken pencils, nail chewing, and so on that go on around my house. I know that the fidgeting won't stop so I'm hoping to channel it into movement that is less destructive and distracting. *fingers crossed*

• Like 1

I've recently been browsing for fidget items for myself. I'd like to try a cube, but it seems like they're all knock offs that don't get very good reviews?

I don't really understand the spinners. I'm sure fidget items are very personal, but I think something constantly spinning would make me more anxious. If someone were doing it around me I'd probably have to fight the urge to rip it out of their hand and throw it across the room. But from the number of choices on Amazon they sure seem very popular. So maybe I really am missing something??

I have this on order. Not sure whether I'll like it or not, but it appealed to me.

I find the spinners to be kind of hypnotic to watch. I'm fairly sensitive to noise and sounds, especially when they're repetitive, so I can see the potential for it to become too much after awhile though. I'll definitely have to talk to my boys about being unobtrusive. 

• Like 1

We bought knock offs from Wish for $2 and haven't had any issues with them at all.  Our spinners and another cube are on the way for $6.56 shipped.  I'm all about well made products but when they are small enough to be misplaced and lost in bedrooms for months, cheap is better for me because I want to be able to order multiple.

• Like 2

We bought knock offs from Wish for $2 and haven't had any issues with them at all.  Our spinners and another cube are on the way for $6.56 shipped.  I'm all about well made products but when they are small enough to be misplaced and lost in bedrooms for months, cheap is better for me because I want to be able to order multiple.

I've never heard of Wish before. Can you tell me more about that site? It looks like Zulily or Joss & Main where you have to sign in to see deals.

• Like 1

That's one of the first sites I found when researching. Unfortunately they are only at the pre-pre-order stage right now. I do want to order from them once they get production going.

Ditto. I've been leery of them because they've been on pre-order for months and months.

I've never heard of Wish before. Can you tell me more about that site? It looks like Zulily or Joss & Main where you have to sign in to see deals.

It's basically where you order knockoffs straight from China, Thailand, etc.  It usually takes 3-4 weeks for the items to come in, but so far, we've had to no issues with anything I have ordered.  Shipping is usually super cheap too.

• 2 weeks later...

Several people asked me to review the one we bought. It was a less expensive, but not super cheap one:

https://www.amazon.com/Spinner-AIRWALKS-Tri-Spinner-Ceramic-Bearing/dp/B06WWPJQXG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1492545820&sr=8-3&keywords=fidget+spinner+airwalks

It does have a sound, but think of the sound of the A/C in the background. It's really low level, though obviously that might be too loud for some people. You can obviously use it to make noise - if you press it to the table as it table spins, you can turn the noise into a slightly louder whirr. And, of course, you can always bang it on things as it spins or do other things to make it a distraction instead of a positive focus tool. The spin is really nice and smooth. Feels really good in the hand. My fidgeter really likes it.