Menu

Lanny, are you OK?

Debbi in Texas

Thank you for your concern!  I began a thread a few minutes ago. We are fine. We are hours North of where that happened. After I wrote about this tragedy, when I was scanning other threads, I saw your thread.   I didn't know about this tragedy until about an hour ago when I woke up at 315...  I will try to go back to sleep now...  

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/641993-tragedy-in-colombia-193-fatalities-after-3-rivers-overflowed/

ETA: THANK YOU, to everyone who was concerned about us.  MUCH APPRECIATED! If you can include the victims and their families in your prayers that might help them.    

Edited by Lanny
  • Like 29

We are approximately 150 air miles and 250 road miles from there. We are in S.W. Colombia. That is way South of us. I'm praying for good flying weather there today, so the helicopters can fly in and around the city of Mocoa. 

• Like 3

Due to an extremely  long (21 or 22 hours) outage with our ISP (we had no IP address). we had no Internet or TV and they were using my phone as a WiFi Hotspot. No checking the news yesterday but I did check it out in the early evening after our service was restored and did not notice this story.  

• Like 3

Glad you are ok and I will be praying for those involved.

Thank you! They need and want your prayers!   I think there is only one road in/out of there and I do not remember if that road was closed by this event. I think most of what they are doing now is going in/out by air.  This is like after an Earthquake and there is a limited amount of time (72 hours?) where people can survive something like this.

Thank you for your prayers!   Much appreciated!  As I posted awhile ago, in the thread I began at about 4 A.M., awhile ago, my wife told me that my SIL has a friend/colleague who lives there. They are fine and their house is fine. No water, electricity, Internet, etc., but they are fine, which is the important thing. I hope the Colombian Army Engineers were able to install the 3 temporary bridges and reopen the road in/out of there, to emergency traffic today.