Menu

Female problems or am I pregnant or am I getting old?

athomeontheprairie

My ENTIRE life I've been super regular. Until 6 months ago. Can my dd's cycle through mine off? Maybe I'm just getting older (I'm 31) and that's why I'm not regular anymore, that happens right?

This is the latest I've ever been (5 days). Am I pregnant (I cannot express how much I don't want that to be true).

I am sorry about all the things you have recently been dealing with. Could it also be stress? Stress has been known to do weird things to one's cycle.

That is a possibility. Someone else pm'd me. Things are better. Dh and are getting better.

Eta: I'm so thankful for the care, love, prayers, comments here

Edited by athomeontheprairie
  • Like 3

Anecdotally I would say it's probably your daughter's cycle because I remember people at college complaining theirs changed at school. I also distinctly remember that it seemed like that kind of bathroom trash would overflow all at once and then be fine for another 28 days or so.

My cycle didn't change, so I assume I was one of those people messing up everyone else. 

I didn't have changes to my cycle until about age 37 or so. 

• Like 1

Anecdotally I would say it's probably your daughter's cycle because I remember people at college complaining theirs changed at school. I also distinctly remember that it seemed like that kind of bathroom trash would overflow all at once and then be fine for another 28 days or so.

My cycle didn't change, so I assume I was one of those people messing up everyone else.

I didn't have changes to my cycle until about age 37 or so.

My DD says this about her college dorm. She said, "Sometimes you walk down the hall and it smellls like the entire hall is on their periods." 😱

• Like 2

My DD says this about her college dorm. She said, "Sometimes you walk down the hall and it smellls like the entire hall is on their periods." 😱

Lol! I don't know whether to laugh or barf, but it's pretty true! I think our hall was timed to cycle every time the cleaning crew had a three or four day holiday weekend. 

• Like 1

yes your dd's cycle can throw yours off - has she been living with you and returned for a few months?   or has she always been?

you're 31 - which is very young for perimenopausal skipping.

I would go take a pg test.

yes your dd's cycle can throw yours off - has she been living with you and returned for a few months? or has she always been?

you're 31 - which is very young for perimenopausal skipping.

I would go take a pg test.

She's always been here. But she started almost a year ago. About six months ago she started being regular. And I stopped being regular. But I haven't synced with her.

My cycle was 28 days, set your watch to it.

Then, and I remember the exact year and even day because it was election night 2012 😂, when I was 32, it started getting irregular. Nothing crazy but instead of 28 days, I was having cycles as short as 22 days and as long as 34. It's stayed like that. I'm 36 now.

My doctor told me that it's not uncommon for women to notice this in their early 30s. Many of my female friends in my age range have noted cycle changes.

She's always been here. But she started almost a year ago. About six months ago she started being regular. And I stopped being regular. But I haven't synced with her.

My dd and I don't really synchronize, either. Every once in a while we're the same, but I'm 50 so I expect mine to be less regular. 

My cycle was 28 days, set your watch to it.

Then, and I remember the exact year and even day because it was election night 2012 😂, when I was 32, it started getting irregular. Nothing crazy but instead of 28 days, I was having cycles as short as 22 days and as long as 34. It's stayed like that. I'm 36 now.

My doctor told me that it's not uncommon for women to notice this in their early 30s. Many of my female friends in my age range have noted cycle changes.

This gives me so much hope

And how annoying!