Menu

Vent: Adults just need to do

BlsdMama

what they SAY they are going to do.

If you tell a 17 year old boy something do NOT blow him off because he is a seventeen year old boy.

This generation will make the laws and procedures that impact your nursing home care.  Think carefully on that. :P :D

Ugh.

CJ turns 18 tomorrow.  His scout troop dissolved a year ago which left him without a lot of power and pretty dependent on strangers to complete his Eagle.  The project was done in October.  Do we have an Eagle? Nope, no we do not.

I am going to the Council this AM.  We tried not to helicopter.  I have tried to step back.  But NO ONE respects a 17 year old even if he is A-freaking-Mazing and has his crap together.

They, um, "lost" his records of two Eagle required merit badges.  (This is the newest thing.) Thank goodness he is the only 17 year old I know that keeps all records "in case" and had them in his room.

Seriously? He should get a merit badge just for that.

Ugh.

I promise I am going to try nice first.  But if that doesn't work and they have to remove me from the premises, I promise to post really cool mug shots.  :P 

• Like 32

If you tell a 17 year old boy something do NOT blow him off because he is a seventeen year old boy.

This generation will make the laws and procedures that impact your nursing home care.  Think carefully on that. :p :D

Ugh.

CJ turns 18 tomorrow.  His scout troop dissolved a year ago which left him without a lot of power and pretty dependent on strangers to complete his Eagle.  The project was done in October.  Do we have an Eagle? Nope, no we do not.

I am going to the Council this AM.  We tried not to helicopter.  I have tried to step back.  But NO ONE respects a 17 year old even if he is A-freaking-Mazing and has his crap together.

They, um, "lost" his records of two Eagle required merit badges.  (This is the newest thing.) Thank goodness he is the only 17 year old I know that keeps all records "in case" and had them in his room.

Ugh.

I promise I am going to try nice first.  But if that doesn't work and they have to remove me from the premises, I promise to post really cool mug shots.   :p

I agree with the bolded!  That is amazing.  You go Mama!

• Like 1

Yeah, I experienced that myself many a time.  I have a posh phone voice so I tried to at least start all interactions on the phone.   That won't help your child because the Scouts would know his age.  

Bad news is that it doesn't improve when he is legally an adult.  

I remember having a hard time getting real assistance buying office clothes when I got my first real job after college.  

Congratulations to your Eagle Scout! And good for him for already knowing one important secret to successful adulthood: never trust anybody else to keep your paperwork. Always have backups and know where they are. (Along with always write down the date you called and whom you spoke to when you call someplace with questions or complaints.)

I hope you get this resolved easily. You and your family need a win today.

• Like 4

This generation will make the laws and procedures that impact your nursing home care.  Think carefully on that. :p :D

Ugh.

Ugh.

I promise I am going to try nice first.  But if that doesn't work and they have to remove me from the premises, I promise to post really cool mug shots.   :p

If it makes you feel any better, our council lost the registration for our WHOLE TROOP, TWICE!!!!

How does that even happen? :huh:   :cursing:

• Like 1

Good for him for making copies ,great life skill. Ds did the same, as signed handbooks would disappear while the lads were doing their activities. Some parents are that jealous.

I had to be a queen B to get my ds's Eagle. I have no respect for the Cascade Council and their disorganized BS. He did the work, he did it well, he was nothing but respectful but people jerked us around. I wonder if the council realized that they had done this crap to so many people that their donations were dropping off. They could never figure out why they weren't getting the donations they used to.