Menu

Got my last Christmas gift in last night. I'm officially done!!

StaceyinLA

I finished up Monday night!  Everything bought, wrapped and mailed boxes on their way.

I have a huge family, lots of fall birthdays and the only way I can deal with it is to start in August. However, I am having trigger thumb surgery today, and I needed to get it all done because I don't know when my hand will be healed.  So now I am going to get the surgery and sit and catch up TV shows for a while.  

• Like 1

I'm done all the gifts and I've wrapped everything that I have here. Most of the gifts were bought online and sent to my mom's because we're spending Christmas on that end of the country so I'll have some wrapping to do when we arrive.

I have all of the stockings for females done, but I still have to finish the male stockings. We really, really like stockings - my mom and sister and I all go in together and do stockings for each other (which means I get one from mom/sister and one from dh :) plus I do a stocking for any adult who joins us on Christmas morning. This year that means mil, fil, and my dad.

• Like 1

I was just checking my list. I think I just need to send a niece and nephew amazon gift cards to be finished!

I wasn't sure what to buy my in-laws. My mil had emergency gall bladder surgery this evening. I decided to put together a photo album of our family as their Christmas gift and not wait for her birthday in January. My in-laws are getting older....

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

Congrats! I usually am done early.

I was planning to go shopping last week so I could be done, but broke my foot and can't walk or drive. So the rest of my shopping is being done by Amazon. They offered me a 30 day trial of Prime, so I've been taking advantage of that. It's difficult to find inexpensive stocking stuffers online!

• Like 1

Nope. I spent all day from 9-5 working on it today, but most of that was driving time because the city is about an hour & ten minutes away on the highway, plus driving time in the city from place to place, including an extra stop for my Mom and an extra stop for my SIL. In reality, I only bought 4 gifts in that time, plus a few groceries from Costco.

I think I have 3 or 4 small things to pick up for stockings and a gift basket, then I'm done. So, basically just one quick trip to the local Walmart now.

All mine are wrapped as well, except stocking (well, stocking and basket) stuffers, and the ONE present under the tree my 11mo dgd keeps unwrapping (thank goodness it's her mom's).

I don't do stockings for my married children or my grandchildren. I LOVE buying the goodies, but think stockings should be from Santa at their own house. I also find it much more difficult to fill stockings for my sons-in-law than my dds, so it really looks pretty lopsided if I do individual ones. I implented the "family basket" for the adult children as they marry and have families. I usually put one family gift (game, puzzle, movie, etc.) and then individual stuffers for each person in that family, along with a little special candy into one big "basket" (not really a basket, but a large box that I wrap in Christmas wrap because no one really needs all those baskets anyway). I do enjoy wrapping a lot of the stuffers because it just makes it fun for everyone.

Edited by StaceyinLA
  • Like 1

Congrats! I'm envious. Bought the first gift this morning.  I have no real excuse, other than I'm just not feeling Christmas this year. 

I have made a lovely gift for a dear friend and sent money to the grandkids (dd graciously shops for them and wraps it for me since they live 1000 miles away).  

I have been almost done for a couple weeks, but dd would NOT commit to a knife for herself and dh (they wanted a GOOD knife for their big, joint gift). She finally committed, it came in yesterday, is getting wrapped this morning, and I'm DONE!

Anyone else?!?

Yep.  Been done for a few days, though I thought I would stop by the bank and get some cash for the kids too. 

I am done!!! For those of you who need help with gift ideas or stocking stuffers, 

I am actually pretty good with helping people with these. so feel free to PM me with questions!

Affordable Stocking stuffers  can usually be found at the 99 cents store, The Dollar Tree, and Target's

Bullseye Playground (formerly the Dollar Spot).

Yesterday afternoon I was able to get stocking stuffers wrapped for all but one "basket." I probably have about 10 little gifts left to wrap and I'll be done with all of it.

Tomorrow is dgd's birthday so I had those gifts to wrap as well. Her party will be here so I really wanted my stuff all wrapped and under my tree.

I did do a bad thing though - decided at the last minute to order dgs a Nintendo 2DS. Didn't need to, but couldn't help myself. Now I'll have to wrap that when it arrives.

I mailed off the boxes yesterday and feel such a huge sense of relief. We still need to make cookies or something for my adult kids' daddy (and minor kid's honourary uncle) and his partner, but other than that we're done and can just enjoy it.

Of course we have three January birthdays so it's not over over.....

Edited by Guest