Menu

Birthday party for teen we don't know well...ideas? UPDATE

6packofun

My sweet 17yo dd wants to give a birthday party for a boy at church who doesn't have a lot of friends.  He *looks* like he might be a troublemaker (I think that's the opinion of many of the youth leaders, which bugs me) but is very nice and has had a rough life, lives with just his grandma, doesn't have a driver's license yet.  Anyway, other than liking video games, we have NO idea what he'd like to do!  There will be about 5 teens including dd and we want to go somewhere, give him a cake, etc.

Ideas? What would be a fun activity?  I just want to give them some ideas.  We would ask the kid himself but they sort of want to surprise him!

Edited by 6packofun
  • Like 1

That is so nice! I'm sure he will appreciate it. What a great thing to do.

Some ideas - an indoor trampoline park - teen boys seem to really like that. We have a vintage  :lol: video game arcade here - old time games from the 80's that seems to be a hit with that age group. A sporting event - college or pro football or basketball games are always fun depending on where you live and how much tickets are. Laser tag, movie?

I'm sure whatever you find will be much appreciated! 

• Like 2

My then teen and her friends (male and female) enjoyed having movie marathons -- they'd watch a season of show or watch say all three LOTR movies or several Harry Potter movies or ....

We'd serve lunch or dinner between movies and have a build your own sundae bar after another movie.

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 2

Check groupon-the Laser Tag/go karts/pizza place here has had a "buy a gift card and get twice the amount" deal recently, and the trampoline place regularly has 2 for 1 deals. DD has picked her last two "hang out with friends for my birthday" deals based on what Groupon has available :).

• Like 1

Great ideas!  Bowling and ice skating will go on the list of options, thank you!  And I like the sundae bar even better than doing cake.   :)

When we did the sundae bar, I'd bake a batch of brownies, leave it in the pan, and put some birthday candles on it.  The brownies would then serve double duty as birthday cake and also as an ingredient for the sundaes.

Regards,

Kareni

Dd is at the bowling alley with the boy and not one of the other 5 kids who said they'd come or might come showed up.  :(  We made him brownie cookie bars because he loves brownies and they are bowling some games before I pick them up.  This just breaks my heart.  Everyone deserves to be cared about enough to NOT be blown off on their d*mn birthday.  *sniff*

Thank you for the ideas. Maybe we'll try to do something another day, too.

Dd is at the bowling alley with the boy and not one of the other 5 kids who said they'd come or might come showed up. :( We made him brownie cookie bars because he loves brownies and they are bowling some games before I pick them up. This just breaks my heart. Everyone deserves to be cared about enough to NOT be blown off on their d*mn birthday. *sniff*

Thank you for the ideas. Maybe we'll try to do something another day, too.

That's sad! I hope he still had fun and enjoyed his brownies.
  • Like 2