Menu

What is your dogs name? Or suggest one

PinkTulip

I have a Sugar, but Zucker (German) doesn't sound as sweet!

How about Hedy for Hedy Lamarr?

Or, Tesla- it's kind of like Tessa, but cooler because my DS loves Tesla! People might assume she's a boy, if that matters. Nikki would work too.

Viking names are cool too- You could do Siggy, Freya, Saga, Valkyrie...

Edited by Paige

My imaginary dogs are called Laika (LIE-kah) (female) and Sputnik (SPOOT-nik) (male):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laika

Sputnik means satellite, which means attendant or companion.

ETA: oh, and when we got plush dogs, we named them sinh (pronounced like 'cinch') and cosh (hyperbolic sine and cosine).

Edited by luuknam

Oh, too cute! When DH finally connected with his birth mom, in his 40s, it turned out that her nickname was Peek-A-Boo, too! So funny!

Our Peek has long hair, and when he needs a haircut he looks like he's playing Peek-A-Boo. :)

Wow! You guys were definitely meant to have Peek-A-Boos in the family!

• Like 1

My dog is a mix -- pomeranian and poodle and probably some other stuff, too. We have developed kind of a tradition of naming each of our pets after a different kind of animal. It developed accidentally, but then we thought it was funny and decided to keep it going. In relatively recent years, we've have a guinea pig named Bessie (because her coloring was like a cow's), a guinea pig named Coconut (because she was named after the American Girl dog), a cat named Piggers and a cat named Raven.

In keeping with that tradition, the dog is Matilda, after the cat that lives at the Algonquin Hotel in NYC.

Cant help you with the German names.  Our dog (my avatar) is Bear.  He came with that name.  We did try to change it to Wookie (add a gunbelt and he is Chewbacca for sure.)  It just didn't stick since we had fostered him and were accustomed to calling him Bear.  We were absolutely NOT going to call him Chewy  ... no self-fulfilling prophecy here.