Menu

Summer's over and I'm sad

MamaBearTeacher

I'm happy but we had a horrible summer. This is the first weekend DH has actually had off since the middle of June, he has been going six days a week and 10-12 hours many days, often more than that. So this was kind of our mental finish line for decompressing and being out of the absolute exhaustion of that stressful schedule

I wish we had been able to do more with the nice weather and long days this year, but it wasn't to be. Our fall is now full of catching up on everything we had to put off while we did this insano work schedule!

We had  a good summer, but I am so glad fall is finally here and there is an end to the heat and humidity in sight. We are longing to be able to get outside and hike; fall is everybody's favorite season here. 

And it is nice to be back in a regular rhythm - we took three trips over the summer, and all feel it's time to be back at work/school. I have no desire for the summer break to be any longer. In fact, our semester started two weeks ago...

Edited by regentrude

I'm sad too. Dh had a heart attack (and bypass surgery complete w complications) and then broke his foot before he was even done recuperating from the surgery. So our summer has mostly been us stuck inside or doing very little outside. 

Winters here are pretty brutal so I LIVE for summer. They are short but oh so awesome. I feel like we've been cheated. 

I am both happy and sad too.  Today we had a great day and I kept thinking, this is the last hurrah of summer.  We will still do some summery things, but now we are officially into the school year routine.  I have some regrets about things that didn't get done over the summer.

We had a great summer.  But coordinating summer camps and activities (as a working mom) is exhausting, sometimes almost impossible.  The routine of the school year is a great thing, once we get used to it.  Though sometimes it's a rush too.

I also love fall, my favorite season.  I'm pretty much over the heat.  :)

I'm sad too. Dh had a heart attack (and bypass surgery complete w complications) and then broke his foot before he was even done recuperating from the surgery. So our summer has mostly been us stuck inside or doing very little outside. 

Winters here are pretty brutal so I LIVE for summer. They are short but oh so awesome. I feel like we've been cheated. 

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

So sorry! Hope he's feeling better now

That's so sad -- I would feel cheated too.

I felt cheated out of my favorite season, spring, this year because it rained for weeks on end. It was cold, then weeks of rain, then blistering hot. I was very sad to see that. I am not sad to see this summer end, though. It was a good summer, but the blistering heat has been awful. And DH has spent every spare second working on our new bathroom, so we didn't do much family adventuring. But the turn of the season means the kids can play outside more without burning/being miserable, and it means my bathroom is about done, and fall means winter is coming, and winter means early spring, and early spring means our new baby will get here. So I get being sad to see summer go, even if I'm not personally sad about it.