Menu

Cleaning stinky teenage boy clothes

scbusf

Persil (sold at Walmart) is great for stinky clothes. I tried it once, and now I can't go back, lol. At least not until my own stinky boy leaves home! LOL

Also, long soaks in the vinegar/detergent/whatever really help. If you have a top loader where you can load, suds, and then leave to soak for a couple hours, I'd definitely do that. I have front loaders, so I can't easily do that, but I've been known to fill the utility sink with detergent/vinegar and clothes . . . I did that last week with some fleece blankets that have been thoroughly stunk up. It worked pretty well. Took a few tries, but I got the stink out.

• Like 1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K0X36XA/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=Z9ABGZTE8ZQN&coliid=I2KHYRREON4E8U&psc=1

I have never used this, but I have saved it in a wish list for when my boys are teens. Other Hive members have recommended it in the past.

This!  I was going to suggest it or really any sports gear laundry detergent.  My grocery store carries two.  It REALLY does make a difference. I have use the brand linked to and it saved an old running shirt of DH's. It smelled okish when it came out of the wash, but the moment he put it on his body and it got warm...gross! I thought I was going to have to toss it out. But one wash and it smelled fine. No problem with it any more.

And ds1 and ds2 are both ballet dancers. Their dance studio doesn't have air conditioning and jacks the heat up in the winter to keep it hot. That whole building smells of 50 years of sweaty teenagers, lol. But their dance clothes no longer smell because of that stuff.

Really I think any of these new sports washes will help. And you can use them for exercise gear.

• Like 2

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K0X36XA/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=Z9ABGZTE8ZQN&coliid=I2KHYRREON4E8U&psc=1

I have never used this, but I have saved it in a wish list for when my boys are teens. Other Hive members have recommended it in the past.

This stuff works great even on workout clothes.

Edited by itsheresomewhere