Menu

As my kids would say, I'm feeling all the feels.

PinkTulip

Feeling a little emotional tonight over the changes we have had over the last few weeks. We had to put our sweet dog down about two weeks ago due to a health issue, so that was super rough. Then we dropped my oldest child off at college yesterday. Through both of these things, I have tried to be positive and help everyone else in my family work through their emotions, but tonight both of these things are starting to hit me. Dropping off my son yesterday felt like we were taking him to summer camp and he will be home in a week, but tonight I'm starting to realize how utterly silent my house will be tomorrow, and how strange it will be to not have my son around.

That is a lot, a lot of change. Right at the time you need to start school and be there for everyone else. I get it. I really do. It's one of those times where you need someone to be there for you, and yet you are supposed to be there for everyone else. I'm keep you in my prayers.

• Like 3

:grouphug: It's been a summer of difficult transitions for us, and like you, I was focused on helping my family process and adjust.  But, I knew I needed to allow myself the space and time to do so too and that's helped.  Take care of yourself!    

• Like 1

Oh, the silence is the worst! Nay, worst of all if your dc is a musician. Not hearing my dd practice violin everyday was so hard. When dd overheard me tell someone else how awful the quiet was, she asked, "Was I that loud?" Well, she can be loud, lol, but no, that's not what I meant. 

We recently had to put down a kitty w/ little notice. As in, the dc dropped what they were doing and we raced to the vet's to see our girl one more time. This, less than 24 hours after receiving false hope from the vet. I still cry over her, and that was weeks ago. 

Yesterday dd went back to college. It's her senior year. We don't even take her anymore. She has her own car, is a minimalist (really pared down 2 yrs ago) and is living in a furnished apartment now. Still, I cried all day, especially when I realized moments after she left that I neglected to give her a protein bar that was a freebie at the grocery store. I tucked it away to give to her. DH called her to see if  I could meet her to give it to her (it was minutes later) and she said she was fine. More tears for me. 

A friend just dropped off her baby at college yesterday and didn't cry at all. She said it was unlike her. I told her I cried enough for both of us!

:grouphug:

Edited by Angie in VA
  • Like 1

I'm with you. I'm sure we will find the joy in the new normal, but change comes slow for me. I'm trying not to say to myself that change is hard. I don't need that. It just takes time. There are many walking the same road, so take heart, fellow traveler!