Menu

Give me a good reason to not go have a chocolate bar

Ginevra

No help here.  Sorry.

We ate at Arby's for lunch today and I had a small Jamocha shake.  I'm sort of (mostly?) back to not caring what I eat anymore... (though mostly we eat from our garden in the summer/fall, so not all is lost).

Blueberry cobbler sounds good... better than what you're thinking could be the alternative.

Yet I suspect I might just eat Butter Almond ice cream for supper...

I warned you I wasn't going to be any help.

• Like 2

Get the 16 year old to hide the tempting chocolate bar for you.  Assuming he doesn't eat the thing.  Either way, problem solved.

My son hid the dark chocolate on top of the fridge.  I happened to see it and tried to resist, but eventually caved and decided to eat some.  Fortunately, he had it far enough back that I couldn't reach it without getting on a chair and I wasn't going to go through that much trouble.  So, no chocolate!  He thought that was the funniest thing.  

• Like 3

Get the 16 year old to hide the tempting chocolate bar for you. Assuming he doesn't eat the thing. Either way, problem solved.

If you want to hear what's *really* funny: the reason I have access to a chocolate bar in the first place is because my younger DS has them to sell and asked ME to hide them from *him* so he would not eat them and have none to sell! So they are in my closet, where they clearly ought not to be...

• Like 7

No help here. Sorry.

We ate at Arby's for lunch today and I had a small Jamocha shake. I'm sort of (mostly?) back to not caring what I eat anymore... (though mostly we eat from our garden in the summer/fall, so not all is lost).

Blueberry cobbler sounds good... better than what you're thinking could be the alternative.

Yet I suspect I might just eat Butter Almond ice cream for supper...

I warned you I wasn't going to be any help.

Does not compute. I can't understand why chocolate holds no allure for you. Alien.

• Like 1

Well, since it is crazy expensive fundraiser chocolate, think of it that way. You can spend your calories on delicious homemade blackberry cobbler (yum!), and your money on some yummy treat that is better than fundraiser chocolate. Win-win. If you need instant gratification, though....maybe a nibble of the chocolate, to tide you over until the cobbler is ready...?

(Signed, the girl who ate Triscuits with cheese and mango for lunch, and is eating a cheap frozen burrito for snack, and will probably have ice cream after dinner.....in other words, not the best person to ask....)

• Like 4

Does not compute. I can't understand why chocolate holds no allure for you. Alien.

I have open bags of chocolate in the fridge - dark kisses, dark Nuggets w/almonds, milk Nuggets w/almonds, peanut butter cups (bite sized), and those Hershey's mini bars (large bag, mixed).  The first are my youngest's, the second mine, the third is hubby's and the latter two go to anyone (including company) who wants them.  When any get eaten down, I replace them - as long as they're added to the shopping list.  I'm not responsible if they aren't there.

Now, of course, you're making me think of going to get one of mine.  I haven't eaten one in a couple of days now - usually I eat two per day, one at breakfast and one at lunch, but they've slipped my mind with the summer varied schedule eating-wise.  And yeah, if you brought over the blueberry cobbler, I'd probably trade.  ;)

• Like 2

Blackberry cobbler? Blackberries are fruit. Therefore blackberry cobbler must equal a serving of fruit which is, of course, good for you. Therefore, you can certainly eat the chocolate. (That's really not helping you, is it?)

Edited by Reluctant Homeschooler
  • Like 4

Im eating the cobbler right now. It is awesome, IISSM.

The chocolate is forgotten...for now.

Ok, so I misread what type of cobbler, but blackberry is just as good as blueberry.   :drool5:   Glad you're enjoying it.

We're debating what to do for supper as I type.  Youngest just returned from a day out on the town...

I'm still not the least bit hungry, but they don't feel the same way.  I'll let them eat, then go for ice cream.   :lol:

I never did get a chocolate bar.  Hmm.

• Like 1