Menu

What are you cooking this week....

TammyinTN

Just moved and got rid of most everything...so I'm starting from scratch.  

What are you cooking this week for your family?  

I would like to use fresh ingredients from the farmers market too if possible....lay it on me I need some inspiration!  :D

This is what we had the last few days:

Friday: zucchini/carrot/cauliflower stir fry, rice, and some kind of meat, forget what it was

Saturday: summer vegetable soup 

Sunday: lamb chops, rice, potatoes, cucumber/tomato/pepper salad

Monday: potato gnocchi, tomato-mozzarella-basil salad

Tuesday: potato-cucumber salad, steak

Today: crepes with fresh blueberries and strawberries

Edited by regentrude
  • Like 2

Last night I made chicken tortellini soup for my daughter and beef stroganoff for the rest of us. I used the McCormick spice pack and followed the directions on the back. I added mushrooms and onions. It's my new favorite quickie meal and it only has a few ingredients.

Today I JUST made eggs, bacon, and fried potatoes and served it with grapes and OJ. That'll hold us until our afternoon tea n snack around 5. Dinner will be around 9. I have no idea for that . . . probably leftover soup and stroganoff :-/

Lately I've been doing meat and veg on the grill and a seasoned rice side in the rice cooker. That's a low-ingredient deal.

I made this last week. It's a keeper!

Edited by KungFuPanda
  • Like 3

We're grilling a lot this week and we're eating a ton of berries/cherries. It's blueberry season now--I'm picking every Friday, freezing some, canned a few pints, eating the rest fresh. They're gone by Wednesday then I pick more on Friday! Also had some marionberries (local blackberry/raspberry hybrid) and cherries from the grocery store for my non-berry-eating kid.

• Like 1

Last night I made chicken tortellini soup for my daughter and beef stroganoff for the rest of us. I used the McCormick spice pack and followed the directions on the back. I added mushrooms and onions. It's my new favorite quickie meal and it only has a few ingredients.

Today I JUST made eggs, bacon, and fried potatoes and served it with grapes and OJ. That'll hold us until our afternoon tea n snack around 5. Dinner will be around 9. I have no idea for that . . . probably leftover soup and stroganoff :-/

Lately I've been doing meat and veg on the grill and a seasoned rice side in the rice cooker. That's a low-ingredient deal.

I made this last week. It's a keeper!

ohh nice...I'm going to make that...and it starts off with bacon so of course it's good....

• Like 1

Well I didn't do much planning this week.  Last night I made a hash with leftover pulled pork and coleslaw on the side.  Tonight it'll be wraps with various choices of stuff and strawberry shortcakes.  Now that I saw that pasta dish above I'm making that tomorrow.  Friday a marinated pork tenderloin with salad on the side.  I bought fish burgers so at some point those.

• Like 1

I haven't cooked this week at all, but tonight we are having canned venison and gravy, mashed potatoes, fresh tomatoes, olives, fruiit salad, and a canned vegetable-probably corn.

Tomorrow will probably be fresh peas and cornbread, tomatoes, and fruit salad.

Just in case you didn't see my response in the college class thread, please don't let one class stop you from following your dreams. I am 54 and will graduate in December.

• Like 1

Last night was nachos with chorizo, queso, leftover roasted corn, and refried beans. I put some cherry tomatoes and cucumbers out to snack on.

Tonight is Red Beans and Rice. More cucumbers and leftover corn.

Tomorrow is sandwiches or leftover baked potatoes (kids have activities).

I'll probably go to the store on Friday, but we still have enough to make Garlic Molasses Black Beans, Spinach and Feta Quiche, Deer Steaks and Roasted Potatoes, and Pizza. If all else fails, there's ramen, eggs, and frozen veggies. Or popcorn.

Edited by BarbecueMom
  • Like 2

Last night was pot roast and corn on the cob.

Tonight is steak and whatever I decided to make with it.  I am leaning towards rice and carrots.

Tomorrow is homemade pizza.

Friday is taco soup made with leftover roast.

• Like 1

Tonight was slow cooked lamb with mint, steamed broccoli, roasted aubergine and courgette, sauted mushroom, and orzo pasta.

Tomorrow night Husband is cooking Chinese, probably tofu and lots of veg.

I'll cook red snapper fillets after that with Swiss chard and salad from the garden, and baby boiled potatoes.

• Like 1

Fish tacos yesterday - cabbage, cilantro, tomatoes, greens and onions all local.

Pork chops with cornbread stuffing tonight with local veggies. Corn, beans, tomatoes.

Tomorrow roast chx with root veggies- carrots, potatoes and beets, all local. Green salad.

Friday leftovers.

Saturday burgers.

• Like 2

Nothing.  I cooked for three days straight for the 4th. We have leftover BBQ chicken and pork.  

Actually, I'll probably cook something comfort food-ish tomorrow since dh is leaving Friday to spend two weeks in Taipei.  He'll miss our food..lol.  Maybe meatloaf.

• Like 2

Tonight - the boys made nachos with leftover taco fixings and made their own tortilla chips.

Tomorrow - grilled chicken, pierogi, side salad

Friday - grilled pork chops, apple chutney, baked potatoes

Saturday - possibly stuffed bell peppers, side salad

• Like 1

Pork steaks on the grill with a spice rub, corn on the cob, cucumbers, Hawaiian rolls, baked beans.

Leftovers

Rachael Ray's Date Night Pasta and Vodka Cream Sauce, garlic bread, salad

Lemon ricotta pancakes with blueberry syrup (recipe on Pinterest), breakfast sausage, fresh fruit

Boneless pork on loin on the grill with a Martha Stewart marinade, roasted red potatoes, steamed broccoli

Grilled chicken drumsticks, grilled asparagus, dinner rolls (I get the big bag of Rhodes dough balls that need to rise-yum!)

Pizza night. Kids usually top their pizza with pepperoni, sausage, and black olives. Dh will probably go for ham and pineapple. I'm thinking I want spinach, grape tomatoes and goat cheese. I have leftover Alfredo sauce in the fridge... We all like different toppings so we make a few smaller pizzas. Its fun. :)

That's this past Saturday through this Friday. I hadn't thought about next week yet but just from this thread, I think I'm most of the way there! The chicken penne, crepes, hash, fish tacos, nachos all penciled in! Thanks y'all! ;)

• Like 1

Monday & Tuesday - bbq sandwiches, slaw, baked beans, watermelon, corn on the cob

Weds. - lasagna in the crockpot, salad, garlic knots

Thurs. - chicken & dumplings (crockpot), roasted squash/zucchini/mushrooms

Friday - leftovers

Sat - Tikka Masala (crockpot), naan

Sun - leftovers

(LOL! I just realized that every main dish was/is cooked in the crockpot this week! Wow...)

• Like 2