Menu

Introducing Matthew Alexander

Slache

I have done both, separately...not remotely close to each other (the closest was moving with an 8 month old). I CANNOT imagine. Wish I could give you a hand or two. Positive thoughts and prayers for a good recovery, energy, and just peace of mind.

We're almost done now. All we have to do is unpack and my husband's home until Monday so we're much more relaxed.

• Like 3

I second the "Mal" nickname & for the same reason previously posted.  :001_tt1:  

(We've also done the move-then-have-a-baby within a month thing. Definitely better than have-a-baby-then-move.)

Congrats!  :thumbup1:

• Like 2

You have no idea.

I had to move immediately after my first birth (c-section) and my inlaws didn't really get that I shouldn't be helping and kept glaring at me over it. Your job is healing and nursing while other people do the work of the move! It was awful.

Edited by Arctic Mama

I had to move immediately after my first birth (c-section) and my inlaws didn't really get that I shouldn't be helping and kept glaring at me over it. Your job is healing and nursing while other people do the work of the move! It was awful.

I'm sorry. The day we moved furniture I was supposed to go over to my friend's house and lay around while she took care of the kids and I got a break. My husband couldn't get the truck in time and didn't want to leave people to load the truck by themselves so I spent 4 hours moving stuff around and dealing with the kids 4 days after my C-section. I finally just broke down crying because I was so tired and in so much pain and someone took me. It was awful.

Oh you poor thing! I'm glad the end is in sight on the move, that's a relief I'm sure!

We should be completely unpacked tomorrow night. Then I can start fiddling around and make it perfect.

"Our living room looks like goodwill exploded in it and you're worried about the kitchen?" -My husband